The Numerous Features Coming To Ardour 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post

You could also check reviews and opinions. You'll find that Ableton Live is kind of popular and easy to learn while Ardour not so much. C'mon do I have to spoon feed you?
    Abelton Live is more popular partly because it is built for operating systems that are more popular and partly because it offers something different to what a Traditional DAW offers which makes it easier to make certain types of music. Ardour is a much more a traditional DAW, If you know your way around other Traditional DAWs like protools you should find it a little bit easier to adapt to Ardour than to Live.

This is a Linux orientated site and quite frankly until Abellton releases a Linux version there isn't much point in making a comparison, Same goes for Protools, Cubase, Logic etc.

Ableton Live's most direct competitor is Bitwig which available on Linux, that to my mind makes a much more interesting comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by omer666 View Post

I am proud to be retarded, then. But I am not retarded enough to compare Ableton, which is directed towards live music, to a DAW like Ardour which is more comparable to ProTools or Logic.

Also Ardour is getting pretty much mature, and there's some really well crafted open-source plugins out there, like Calf, C* or ir2 to name a few.

Being ignorant may make you feel bitter, but it's no excuse for being rude with people.
      Don't waste your time with trolls. I did use Ardour alot before it got midi and it is awesome. I did realtime recordings of my band with 16+ inputs, pianoteq and lots of filters with a 1.6Ghz core duo with a very low latency (realtime kernel). Ardour and jack are awesome, period.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
      X