NEMO-UX Goes Commercial To Focus On Futuristic, Multi-User Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Uhm, can you please explain how a multiple-mouse-pointer system can be defined "touch oriented" like I said above?
    Uhm, I did? I mentioned merging it with other systems. MPX by itself isn't complete but with the right software you could get something pretty functional without too much effort.

"touch-oriented" = gestures. At least for me. I mean have you ever used an Android device? Most of the time you are using gestures (swipes usually), not multitouch/multitasking.

Saying that a multi-mouse-pointer (kinda multitouch) is anywhere near touch-oriented is a bit a stretch.
    No... "touch-oriented" means relating to touchscreens. It does not imply gestures, and implying your definition is the de-facto is more of a stretch. And yes, my phone is android and I don't recall the last time I used a gesture that wasn't app-specific. Also, MPX does offer stuff like swiping to scroll. Not sure about zooming.

Like adding gestures out of thin air? That's some serious development time. :/
    Not really... KDE, for example, allows you to create any gestures you want.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Uhm, I did?
      From your answer it looked like MPX was the core, now you explained more and it is just the multitouch thing while it may support minor gestures, and other gestures can be added on a DE or something.

No... "touch-oriented" means relating to touchscreens.
      Should have used touch-centric. Anyway, a touch interface without gestures is seriously crippled.

It does not imply gestures, and implying your definition is the de-facto is more of a stretch. And yes, my phone is android and I don't recall the last time I used a gesture that wasn't app-specific.
      swipe to pull up a menu or to scroll is not app-specific, it's a touch UI design standard (in the sense of design standard, of course the apps use these guidelines to provide a more or less coherent environment)

Not really... KDE, for example, allows you to create any gestures you want.
      Good to know, but it is a bit of a chore to add all gestures for all commands I need myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabin View Post
        88% CPU usage (with 8 Cores) ...
        Hello, I am S/W developer on that platform Our GUI application mainly relied on vector graphics and background application updates a full HD screen on every frames. . That's why the background application consumes much CPU usage. We are trying to get over the issue.

Comment

Ah, right. Downloaded fullHD video.
          Must be in software rendering.
          Hi, I'm a SW engineer for that platform. Thank you for your interests
          It's software rendering for the background application, not for the video player.

Comment

Originally posted by bluezery View Post
            Hi, I'm a SW engineer for that platform. Thank you for your interests
            It's software rendering for the background application, not for the video player.
            Thanks for the clarification. That's what I was thinking as well.

About the video thing, I said I had to download high-quality youtube video of the demo to see everything clearly.

Comment

Uhm, can you please explain how a multiple-mouse-pointer system can be defined "touch oriented" like I said above?

"touch-oriented" = gestures.
              nemo showcases not touch or gestures, because everyone has touch and gestures. nemo showcases multiple people working with one screen simultaneously and that is what mpx is for

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                nemo showcases not touch or gestures, because everyone has touch and gestures. nemo showcases multiple people working with one screen simultaneously and that is what mpx is for
                if for "everyone" you mean "Android" yes. On Linux desktop it's very meh.
                Gestures are supported by some DEs but are very barebones or require lenghty manual setup or both.
                As for lengthy manual setup, see exhibit 1 here for enabling pinch to zoom (basic gesture supposed to work in a toucscreen interface) in KDE http://www.spinics.net/lists/kde/msg21379.html

I was mostly commenting on their UI gestures that seem to work well with program windows and their touch-centric app/folder/things menu.

I'm not currently trying hard to remake the old, original Microsoft Surface, the one called also "Bigass Table" because it was an actual table and not a tablet, so the massively cuncurrent multiuser feature is cool but not what I'm after atm.

Comment

Working...
                X