No announcement yet.

Firefox 47.0 Is Ready For Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way any plan to implement wayland on firefox?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
      You mean running Wayland inside Firefox?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

You mean running Wayland inside Firefox?
        I mean to make firefox compliant to wayland so to benefit of this compositor.

Comment

I think Firefox on Linux is on GTK3 now, right? The GTK3 team has Wayland support working at least somewhat - GNOME 3 on Wayland is an option on Fedora Linux.

So if it's not already working it should be coming soon.

Comment

I mean to make firefox compliant to wayland so to benefit of this compositor.
            In that case, yes, there is a plan: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=635134

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post

haven't tried for a while now, but having flash default-blocked didn't help...uninstalling sadly isn't really convenient nowadays, althought its getting better every day ^^
              curious - which webpages that only support flash do you rely on?
              for me there was 1 tv-media-page within the last 12 months where I needed flash. For that I fired up chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

curious - which webpages that only support flash do you rely on?
                for me there was 1 tv-media-page within the last 12 months where I needed flash. For that I fired up chrome.
                IIRC, twitch is flash only, correct me if I'm wrong.
                Fortunately you can watch streams through a client like VLC.

Comment

Originally posted by ghibli View Post
                  about videos, is not html5 embeded video, it nows if there is a flash embeded video, it converts it to html5 and plays it, some website didn't changed the embeded code of a youtube video since 5 or more years ago, with this the videos will play even if you don't have flash, but only embeded flash youtube videos.
                  I don't believe you at all. Can you please provide relevant and reliable sources about that assumption?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                    I don't believe you at all. Can you please provide relevant and reliable sources about that assumption?
                    They added partially this feature in FF46. http://www.ghacks.net/2016/01/16/fir...o-html5-video/

It's not converting the video itself, it's going fetching the html5 version of the video instead if available even if the page has only an old flash-only embed code.

Most sites embed youtube videos or other services that switched to html5, but never updated the embed code.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      They added partially this feature in FF46. http://www.ghacks.net/2016/01/16/fir...o-html5-video/

It's not converting the video itself, it's going fetching the html5 version of the video instead if available even if the page has only an old flash-only embed code.

Most sites embed youtube videos or other services that switched to html5, but never updated the embed code.
                      Oh, I tought that is done only by GreaseMonkey addons such as iSebaro's ViewTube and ViewTube+, ViewTube_GM, ViewTubePlus and HTML5 Video EveryWhere.

I would love these addons would be integrate in the web browser, but probably site designers would complain becase whatever.

Comment

Working...
                      X