Google Chrome 51 Released As Stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
    Your average user doesn't notice performance differences between FF and Chrome because they're not appreciable
    Come again, not appreciable? Loading time for FF is dramatic and has been for years. Years ago it was actually quite snappy but the fact it started taking an age (figuratively speaking of course) to load was one of the reasons I started developing some contempt for it.

Furthermore, generally speaking I'm actually getting better use out of my bandwidth and getting better latency while using Chrome, over FF.

Not appreciable to the average user, you say -- We're all average users, I say. There's nothing you or I do that's all that different from how other people make use of browsers.

Comment

Originally posted by F1esDgSdUTYpm0iy View Post
      Come again, not appreciable? Loading time for FF is dramatic and has been for years. Years ago it was actually quite snappy but the fact it started taking an age (figuratively speaking of course) to load was one of the reasons I started developing some contempt for it.

Furthermore, generally speaking I'm actually getting better use out of my bandwidth and getting better latency while using Chrome, over FF.

Not appreciable to the average user, you say -- We're all average users, I say. There's nothing you or I do that's all that different from how other people make use of browsers.
      My main machines use an SSD so I haven't noticed any difference in load times but I do have some systems with mechanical disks and still haven't noticed any difference. In any case, by "average user" I just mean somebody that is not as tech savvy, that doesn't typically notice or care about small differences in load times (e.g. between 3 and 5 seconds), that doesn't know what the term 'latency' means, that doesn't pay attention to small differences in page load times, etc. In that respect, we're definitely not all average users.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
        My main machines use an SSD so I haven't noticed any difference in load times but I do have some systems with mechanical disks and still haven't noticed any difference. In any case, by "average user" I just mean somebody that is not as tech savvy, that doesn't typically notice or care about small differences in load times (e.g. between 3 and 5 seconds), that doesn't know what the term 'latency' means, that doesn't pay attention to small differences in page load times, etc. In that respect, we're definitely not all average users.
        You obviously never worked as a customer service representative, otherwise you'd not be assuming as much about what the average user does and does not complain about. In my experience, it is the average user, the layman/person that is the one that is often times the first to complain. Because they're not tech savvy and they do not understand what is going on and what exactly is taking longer than usual.

Comment

Working...
        X