No announcement yet.

Krita 3.0 Up To Release Candidate Stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, yeah I could quite easily do translations through that, not sure how to make commits on that site, but guess we'll figure that out.

Although, the translation document for krita 3.0 is not there (only for 2.9). It doesn't look all that hard.

Also I finally found the language selection option (I think it would rather belong in the configuration menu); it was actually default set to "American English" but I still had mixed locale, I tried setting to Japanese for fun, and while I didn't stay in it long, when I was selecting language again, the language selection menu items followed my locale rather than japanese (or english). Seems like this bit of the program needs to be looked over before release.... After switching away from american english and back to it, some things seem to have been set properly to english (like layers and normal) others not (like search/find (on keyboard shortcuts) and the menu buttons for pop up windows (like "Ok" "Apply" "Cancel" and "Restore Defaults") Restore Defaults is also poorly translated although it's hard to translate since we don't have a good word for "default" and no matter how you translate "restore" it's gonna come up as a long word (like endurheimta or endursetja or endurstilla) I think especially Icelandic translators often tend to really fail on considering how the user is supposed to understand an option and just jump in to make some form of a direct translation. Given the lack of space for text on the restore defaults button I'd probably try "Grunnstilla" (base set/set base settings), which is a much simpler context than "Sjálfgefin Gildi" (self given(which can mean either "obvious" or "default") values) which doesn't really say as much (I literally had to click it to see what it would do). Icelandic translated programs irk me, not because they are in Icelandic, but because they are usually poorly translated and I really have to wrack my brain to figure out where the settings menu is so that I can change the language, although I kinda had to do it here too, because I kept looking in the preferences window when you said "settings menu" (which actually points to a bit of lack of clarity within the program, people can say settings and mean either that menu, or the preferences menu, because the preference menu is not labeled "Preferences" but "Configure Krita...")

But yeah, a lot of menu items are not following the programs language setting.

And I guess I'll try to remember to come on irc then to help out with the default themes once 3.0 is out.

Comment

By the way: here's an update with new builds:

(I did a bunch of opengl work, so Krita now can work with 2.1 again, not just 3.0 + compatibility profile).

Comment

Working...
      X