Vivaldi 1.1 Web Browser Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    Gmail is only a example. I used it to say that, once you put data out of your computer, it's gone. So you have to thrust the other side, be it Google, Amazon, Ebay, FSF or the individual who got a e-mail/instant message from you. They have your data, not matter what browser/OS you use, you have no way to control what happens next.
    Correction: they have SOME of my data.
    Which is normal and OK since also the guy running my favourite shop and bar knows me a little, and it's unavoidable.

What is an issue is when EACH AND EVERY FUCKING ACTION UNDER THE SUN is collected and used.

A browser allows to get ridicolously huge amounts of information.

My point is, there is much more about security/privacy than browsers. Your OS, computer, router, modem, ISP (ad injection), etc, all full of firmware blobs. All of then are a security problem.
    With all due respect, that's right in theory, but the hierarchy remains the same (more important-->less important), application, OS, PC hardware, networking hardware, ISP.

Everyone knows that 99% of the tracking and stuff happens by javascripts and things run in the browser.

Why? because 99.9999999% of the people don't know better and that's more than enough to mine data from them.

Also, most security issues not connected to simple social engineering happen because malware exploits holes in the browser, or in browser plugins.

Why? because it's the browser that communicates with the outside world.

So.. no, browser has to be battle-worthy and trustworthy FIRST, then we can talk about other less important issues.

But someday you can realize that all that paranoid behavior resulted in nothing, because they got info about you anyway.
    You are somehow assuming that everyone else is allied to get at my data.

It does not work like that. Many don't give a flying.

Comment

Working...
    X