NetworkManager 1.2 Is Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone,

Well i would like to use network manager if it did not cause random hardlocks on my system. I use wicd 1.7.4, which came out about

2016 - 01 -25 and it fixes the problem of random hardlocks.

My Network Card.

Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR2413/AR2414 Wireless Network Adapter [AR5005G(S) 802.11bg] (rev 01)

Comment

Originally posted by GreenFireFly View Post
      Hello Everyone,

Well i would like to use network manager if it did not cause random hardlocks on my system.
      In case it isn't a known bug: Did you file a bug report?

I wonder if it is actually possible for something like network manager to hang the system, is it triggering a kernel bug?

Comment

In case it isn't a known bug: Did you file a bug report?

I wonder if it is actually possible for something like network manager to hang the system, is it triggering a kernel bug?
        1.Well i don't know exactly where to file the bug.
        2.The bug is random sometimes happening between 1 hour - 12 hours so it would take some time to find it.

And since wicd 1.7.4 works without issue for me i did not make it a priority.

BTW:This is why it is not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket.

Comment

Well i would like to use network manager if it did not cause random hardlocks on my system.
          networkmanager can't hardlock your system. kernel driver can

Comment

BTW:This is why it is not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket.
            this is why it is not a good idea to not report bugs

Comment

In fact I actually like wicd better. The user interface is a lot more stable than network manager. NM is buggy as shit. For years it was totally unusable. The problem with wicd is that it isn't maintained and doesn't work with a lot of newer drivers. Unfortunately if you want a GUI, NM is probably the only choice right now. That sucks ass, but until someone else decides it sucks ass too and writes a new one it just is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                ... The user interface is a lot more stable than network manager. ...
                NM does not have a user interface. Various DEs have different applets (or whatever they're called) for NM.
                I couldn't comment on stability though, it's just of those things that I open once in a blue moon.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  translation: "it lacks features I don't use, so I assume these features are useless FOR EVERYONE, so you should not use them too"
                  Yep, sums up all the stupid arguments that debianxfce ever makes about anything on these forums. (NM, PA, SystemD, GNOME, etc.)

Comment

1.Well i don't know exactly where to file the bug.
                    2.The bug is random sometimes happening between 1 hour - 12 hours so it would take some time to find it.
                    I would start with your distro's bug submission form and if that doesn't get an traction, try the upstream at:

Posting as much information as possible may help someone else find what's causing the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

In this thread there are 3 people who uses wicd. Must be hard to stand different opinions. I am sorry that I write about better alternatives. It is a norm in the life that people who do not have everything ok in their life, focus their bad feelings to one person. You can report to Michael that you do not like me, maybe he then bans me forever and leaves you writing shit.
                      Lol k

Comment

Working...
                      X