GNOME 3.20 Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Guess what, there are quite many non-native english writing linux users in this planet. My native language is spoken about 5 000 000 people, two times more people live in my favourite technology city Shenzhen, China. If your focus is on typos or grammar in the net forums, I recommend a real life.
    That burn woooo.

Comment

Su

That burn woooo.

Comment

If your focus is on typos or grammar in the net forums, I recommend a real life.
        Forums and non-native English speakers are one thing and I don't really mind unless it's completly unreadable. (Btw. I'm not a native English speaker either). But Michael is writing articles, not forum posts and he is a native English speaker. Despite that, he goes out of his way to write the most convoluted sentences he can come up with. Don't know why he does that, but I sure would preffer plain old simple English.

Comment

Well, to be fair you can't exactly call Americans native English speakers. English, English speakers don't speak exactly the same language we do. Although I admit that in todays modern commercialized age the differences between spoken English is shrinking. I had English teacher tell me once that if you can breath reasonably while reading aloud, then it's probably good enough that most people will understand.

Comment

Originally posted by khagaroth View Post
            Forums and non-native English speakers are one thing and ...
            Bitching is a bitch, isn't it?

Comment

It was actually spelled as Dehli in the GNOME release announcement e-mail from Matthias Clasen as well, likely this is coming from there.
              Even wikipedia has redirects from Dehli to Delhi and New_Dehli to New_Delhi. It is spelled Dehli in a few languages. Also see for example http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-its-name.html

Thanks for the release video link, didn't see it linked from anywhere else.

Comment

Great site. Thanks for the link.

Comment

At least there's still MATE, XFCE, and LXDE, for those of us who cannot tolerate the obtuse and clunky GNOME3 way of doing things.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                    At least there's still MATE, XFCE, and LXDE, for those of us who cannot tolerate the obtuse and clunky GNOME3 way of doing things.
                    And Plasma 5

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                      I'd say dumbification is the ethos of the GNOME 3 way

Comment

Working...
                      X