LibreOffice Gets GTK3 Native Context Menus & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hussam View Post
    They are not adopting any DE specific HIG. They just want to convert the gtk3 mimicking into real gtk3 widgets.

I got used to the UI very quickly but it desperately needs performance and memory usage improvements.
    You can get used to most anything (I use GNOME as well, btw), but that didn't mean it's any good.
    Regarding performance, I can't say I've any complaints.
    Are you by any chance using nvidia hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post

GTK3 on Windows is atrocious. I wonder if the latest versions even work, honestly. As for LibreOffce, I'm fairly certain VCL has Windows' toolkit integration. So these popovers and stuff most likely won't exist on the WIndows version.
      Works perfectly for me. I develop Gtk3 apps that run on Linux, Windows and OSX. To be honest, it's OSX that gives me the most grief ( building ). Once things are built, I don't have any issues. What issues are you having?

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post

You can get used to most anything (I use GNOME as well, btw), but that didn't mean it's any good.
        Regarding performance, I can't say I've any complaints.
        Are you by any chance using nvidia hardware?
        I use a nvidia graphics card with the proprietary driver. I plan on switching to nouveau in the future when nvidia drops support for Fermi cards from the main driver.

Also just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is not good. It is a matter of taste. I like it because I no longer have to bend my neck downwards to click on a taskbar. I only have to move the mouse over the top left to bring up a dashboard and switch applications.
        Last edited by Guest; 27 February 2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hussam View Post

I use a nvidia graphics card with the proprietary driver. I plan on switching to nouveau in the future when nvidia drops support for Fermi cards from the main driver.

Also just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is not good. It is a matter of taste. I like it because I no longer have to bend my neck downwards to click on a taskbar. I only have to move the mouse over the top left to bring up a dashboard and switch applications.
          It's amazing how often it's the case that when people say "GNOME shell/mutter had terrible performance" it turns out they are using nvidia cards. I THINK nouveau is better, but even if not, it's at least officially supported so you can file bugs against mutter/GS (if applicable) and they'll work on them.
          It's not just my opinion. There's been unreleased, and some released, user testing that indicates some serious design issues.
          To be clear, I'm NOT saying the old interface (GNOME 2) was better, nor am I saying that they haven't made improvements in the last several releases.

Comment

Working...
          X