There Is One Week To Go Until LibreOffice 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

Yes, you are correct, I wrote a bug once and the first response I got was of course "we need a document that reproduces the problem" which is perfectly understandable. This was almost 10 years ago (maaaaaan!) so it was an old version of OpenOffice at that time.

And the point with your first post was...? You experienced bugs in a 10 year old version and you are still complaining?

Comment

Originally posted by dajomu View Post
      And the point with your first post was...? You experienced bugs in a 10 year old version and you are still complaining?
      Well, my point is still fairly relevant. I still feel that the same type of issues are present in LibreOffice, so called "papercuts" as Gnome (or was it Ubuntu?) called them. Small, minor bugs that annoy people and that tend to wind up never being fixed because they are minor. Wide user impact but minor in its effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
        [humorous rant]PhD thesis in LibreOffice?! Such sacriledge! LaTeX is the only proper choice![/rant]
        Hehe, well, if you knew how things worked at my place... Tex would have been fine indeed; but you really need some time to get into it - time I never had. Furthermore I was even supposed to deliver the whole thing (and lots of other communication like papers / publications) in MSO formats like DOC / DOCX (... !) and use proprietary OLE objects in it for embedded graphics and so on (...!!!1111omfg!).
        I did not. And used LibO and freedom standards like SVG, PNG and such.

In the end I am very happy to have LibO, even though I found a lot of obstacles in the long time I was using it (started in W98 times with the first OOo releases) and also by the intensive work at the long PhD thesis recently (I did my MSc thesis also on Lib... wait... Openoffice).
        SVG handling can cause also a lot of unexpected troubles, troubles you do not neet when you work 10 - 14 h / day on your thesis for several months already. The thesis iirc. started in some 4.x release and ended on 5.0.4.2 with the final PDF export for printing. I'll do my talk - as usual - in Impress. (No time to learn Tex beamer I guess; even though I visited a workshop about it some years ago)

Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
        X