Kodi 16 "Jarvis" Is Now In Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Maybe you should have proposed a better name while they seached a new one.
    I hadn't notice back then or I couldn't ever believe that someone could choose such an irrelevant name for such a relevant project
    But in case of XBMC/Kodi the name definitely does not matter at all for existing users. No idea how attractive it sounds for new users, but as WMC is dead (for all Win 10 users) and you can read everywhere that Kodi is the best replacement for it - tell me what app sounds better and is used by the rest
    Well the best question would be "tell me what app is better and is used by the rest" so the answer would be "noone even if every other one sounds better"
    Last edited by Apopas; 17 November 2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
      Well the best question would be "tell me what app is better and is used by the rest" so the answer would be "noone even if every other one sounds better"
      That is the most flawed statement I've ever seen. The answer doesn't even relate to the question. "Tell me what app..." "Nobody"... what?

If you mean to say that the name Kodi is going to make potential new users flock to literally any inferior piece of software because it's oh-so-bad, you're fucking crazy. 95% of people are not stupid enough to let a name get in their way, and the 5% that are will know that Kodi isn't a shit name. It's better than out-of-date acronym that's hard to say...

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
        That is the most flawed statement I've ever seen. The answer doesn't even relate to the question. "Tell me what app..." "Nobody"... what?
        How the hell is not related? No relevant application is better than Kodi in features but every relevant application has better name. Is it so difficult to grasp it?

If you mean to say that the name Kodi is going to make potential new users flock to literally any inferior piece of software because it's oh-so-bad, you're fucking crazy. 95% of people are not stupid enough to let a name get in their way, and the 5% that are will know that Kodi isn't a shit name. It's better than out-of-date acronym that's hard to say...
        I'm just saying that Kodi is shitty name. So simple. I don't know in what degree a name affects success, but it does nevertheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
          How the hell is not related? No relevant application is better than Kodi in features but every relevant application has better name. Is it so difficult to grasp it?
          If I ask you for directions to a store, you don't answer "Jessica".
          If I ask you for the name of your favorite movie, you don't answer "left".

If I ask for the name of a piece of software, you don't answer "nobody".

Comment

Ah english lessons... that's the point...

Comment

Working...
            X