Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free COMPILERS and CROSS-COMPILERS for Linux and Windows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skada View Post
    Well since i do not use other langs i didn't tried !

But i will give it a shot just for the sake ..
    Cool. And thanks.

Comment

I am surprised that only one person has tried the compilations. Compilers are at the heart of one's system.

Comment

Maybe add instructions to compile OSG with it - on Win+Linux. Pure compileres are a bit useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Maybe add instructions to compile OSG with it - on Win+Linux. Pure compileres are a bit useless.
          Would SDL do?

Comment

Does anyone know of somewhere else the compilation of the latest GCC is discussed?

Comment

Errors when compiling w32api-3.11 (step 2)

I get redefinition errors when compiling w32api-3.11. Any suggestions on how to solve this? Am I the only one to get these errors?

Code:
              icd@debian:/opt/icd/w32api-3.11$ make
              make AS="i686-pc-mingw32-as" CC="gcc" CPPFLAGS="" CFLAGS="-O2 -g" CXXFLAGS="" AR="i686-pc-mingw32-ar" RANLIB="i686-pc-mingw32-ranlib" LD="i686-pc-mingw32-ld" DLLTOOL="i686-pc-mingw32-dlltool" TAR="tar" TARFLAGS="z" TARFILEEXT=".tar.gz" WINDRES="i686-pc-mingw32-windres" -C lib
              make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/icd/w32api-3.11/lib'
              gcc -c -O2 -g -I./../include  -o shell32.o shell32.c
              gcc -c -O2 -g -I./../include  -o scrnsave.o scrnsave.c
              In file included from /usr/include/sys/select.h:46,
                               from /usr/include/sys/types.h:216,
                               from /usr/include/stdlib.h:433,
                               from ./../include/objbase.h:12,
                               from ./../include/ole2.h:9,
                               from ./../include/windows.h:114,
                               from scrnsave.c:10:
              /usr/include/bits/time.h:70: error: redefinition of ?struct timeval?
              In file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:216,
                               from /usr/include/stdlib.h:433,
                               from ./../include/objbase.h:12,
                               from ./../include/ole2.h:9,
                               from ./../include/windows.h:114,
                               from scrnsave.c:10:
              /usr/include/sys/select.h:78: error: conflicting types for ?fd_set?
              ./../include/winsock2.h:64: error: previous declaration of ?fd_set? was here
              /usr/include/sys/select.h:112: error: conflicting types for ?select?
              ./../include/winsock2.h:632: error: previous declaration of ?select? was here
              make[1]: *** [scrnsave.o] Error 1
              make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/icd/w32api-3.11/lib'
              make: *** [lib] Error 2
              icd@debian:/opt/icd/w32api-3.11$

Comment

Problem solved

My bad.. forgot to set CC before running configure. That should be added to the guide..

Originally posted by Bagera View Post
                I get redefinition errors when compiling w32api-3.11. Any suggestions on how to solve this? Am I the only one to get these errors?

Comment

Problem using the crosscompiler in windows

I followed all the steps in the guide and everything seemed to work just fine. After copying the mingw folder to my windows c:\ directory, however, I found that the compiler is unable to locate both headers and libs. Compiling a simple hello world program like this (added paths, else, it fails even earlier):

WindowsCMD: i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -IC:\mingw\include -LC:\mingw\lib -o hello main.c

results in:

\mingw\lib\gcc\i686-pc-linux-gnu\4.1.1\..\..\..\..\i686-pc-linux-gnu\bin\ld.exe: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory
                  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Any suggestions?

Comment

I have never needed to set CC before running w32api-3.11's configure. Configure usually does this for you.

You have to tell windows gcc exactly where all the libraries (I don't remember if this included the C libraries) are or you get mysterious errors like the one you point out.

Unfortunately my box with the windows partition has died so I cannot check exactly what worked.

I had lots of trouble with paths and libraries.

Comment

Finally =)

Originally posted by Jade View Post
                      I have never needed to set CC before running w32api-3.11's configure. Configure usually does this for you.
                      Could the reason be that I compiled the standard gcc version for debian etch: gcc 4.1.1?

You have to tell windows gcc exactly where all the libraries (I don't remember if this included the C libraries) are or you get mysterious errors like the one you point out.
                      I had to compile glibc and copy the files to the right directories within mingw. Now, it all works! I think this stuff should be added to the guide. I am also rewriting the script a little to make it more generic, and output more info to the user. Are you the author of the guide/script? I'll provide a link when I'm finished..

I had lots of trouble with paths and libraries.
                      me too, but I got it working in the end =)

Comment

Working...
                      X