Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.16 Released: It's Their Best Release Yet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GNOME 3.16 Released: It's Their Best Release Yet

    Phoronix: GNOME 3.16 Released: It's Their Best Release Yet

    Matthias Clasen just sent out the official release announcement for GNOME 3.16 a few minutes ago. Based upon my testing of the GNOME 3.16 development packages thus far, I'm very confident in calling it their best desktop release yet!..

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-3.16-Released

  • #2
    Looking forward to updating my Arch installation!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
      Looking forward to updating my Arch installation!
      You can try it by enabling gnome-unstable and testing repos. I even use gnome-shell wayland session. Everything seems stable so far except you can't copy/paste between windows.

      Comment


      • #4
        This MultiWriter tool is pretty useless for most people, since nobody will ever use it.
        It is only useful for factories.

        These new huge icons in Nautilus really sucks, the icons are way too big.

        What is this weird design decision to place two unrelated things; calendar and notifications in the same window?

        I am mostly looking forward to the Wayland improvements.

        Comment


        • #5
          Dammit.. I should have stuck with Intel or AMD Graphics.... Now that I moved to Nvidia (only because I have an application that only runs on CUDA), I am unable to use wayland.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            This MultiWriter tool is pretty useless for most people, since nobody will ever use it.
            It is only useful for factories.
            That is just not true. It is pretty useful for trade shows or community events where writing to multiple usb disks in parallel is not uncommon.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Modu View Post
              You can try it by enabling gnome-unstable and testing repos. I even use gnome-shell wayland session. Everything seems stable so far except you can't copy/paste between windows.
              No need for [gnome-unstable] it has already been moved to [testing]. Works flawlessly.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                This MultiWriter tool is pretty useless for most people, since nobody will ever use it.
                It is only useful for factories.

                These new huge icons in Nautilus really sucks, the icons are way too big.

                What is this weird design decision to place two unrelated things; calendar and notifications in the same window?

                I am mostly looking forward to the Wayland improvements.
                Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the icons. But, then I thought about it and maybe it is in anticipation of 4k monitor adoption rate increasing. I don't know for sure, thats just a guess.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                  Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the icons. But, then I thought about it and maybe it is in anticipation of 4k monitor adoption rate increasing. I don't know for sure, thats just a guess.
                  They do look pretty on a 4K display.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post
                    They do look pretty on a 4K display.
                    I wonder if it might be possible to switch the icons when using smaller resolutions? It is kind of annoying at 1080p. They're giant sized.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X