Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annie_Yazbeck
    replied
    Instead of using older music player, I'd like to use streaming muisc player, which could be more and more popular in near years, such as YouTube, Spotify.
    Besides, I have recevied some third-party software, like Spotify Downloader Mac to download music and playlists to MP3 and add local files to Spotify to make the music collection together. It could be better to listen to all audio files in the same music player on any device and music player.

Leave a comment:

• waxhead
    replied
    Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
    Oh how I hate the interface of just about every music player I've used on Linux. There's simply nothing that comes close to Media Monkey or Foobar2000, I wish either of those were open source.

The closest I've come to liking one is Songbird, but look how that went.
    Have you tried DeaDBeeF ? I used to be a foobar2000 user and I had a minimalistic user interface. DeaDBeeF simply plays music and is not bloated!

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by Hermit View Post
    Amarok2 goes even further with the social integration aspect. Personally I think Clementine has just about the perfect balance of core music playing features and rich media enhancement. On the other extreme, deadbeef is probably the closest to a no-frills foobar2000-like experience.
    +1 for deadbeef...it's definitely a great player without the irritating fluff.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
    Oh how I hate the interface of just about every music player I've used on Linux. There's simply nothing that comes close to Media Monkey or Foobar2000, I wish either of those were open source.

I believe I read somewhere before there were some attempts to make a Foobar2000 clone for Linux. Try check GitHub or something, I don't know. Or you could make your own clone.

Songbird is forked as Nightingale.

Leave a comment:

• magika
    replied
    never not mpd

Leave a comment:

• Hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by jagoly View Post
    ^ That sounds like Clementine.
    Amarok2 goes even further with the social integration aspect. Personally I think Clementine has just about the perfect balance of core music playing features and rich media enhancement. On the other extreme, deadbeef is probably the closest to a no-frills foobar2000-like experience.

Leave a comment:

• gens
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Hm, music players are noteworthy? I should've CC'd Michael with my new PDF reader last week then

http://flaxpdf.sf.net/
    that is a good program (y)

but it's not gtk3 nor gnome, so Michael has no reason to post about it

Leave a comment:

• kaprikawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Old style music players are boring. Today a music players needs to bring more to the table.
    Over-generalization. Some of us still have large local libraries and prefer the old playlist style. All those online music "features" are just bloat/clutter to us.
    Besides, foobnix looks to have some online music capability.

Originally posted by jagoly View Post
    Yeah, and Clementine's a great player for its target audience, but not everyone wants a player like that. Personally, I use audacious and it's hard to imagine a better player.

Leave a comment:

• jagoly
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X