How KDE Plasma 5 Optionally Uses systemd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anda_skoa View Post
    Sure, but this article is about Plasma 5, the shell. Nobody is actively working on this for either OSX or Windows as far as I know.
    And there will still be a Plasma 5 shell for Windows and OSX, even if just as a byproduct of Amarok on KF5.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
      And there will still be a Plasma 5 shell for Windows and OSX, even if just as a byproduct of Amarok on KF5.
      Having the Plasma Framework does not automatically yield all the shell components.
      It is a stepping stone, but nowhere near a complete solution.

I just don't see anyone from the existing Plasma team working on any of these missing part, which is what the thread starter alledged they do.

Cheers,
      _

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
        Has it been stated anywhere that the Frameworks 5 version of Amarok will still use plasma? I know the Amarok developers were planning a new version, but I haven't heard any specifics about its architecture.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
          Has it been stated anywhere that the Frameworks 5 version of Amarok will still use plasma? I know the Amarok developers were planning a new version, but I haven't heard any specifics about its architecture.
          Nevermind, the plasma 5 port was just mentioned on the mailing list.

Comment

Working...
          X