X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orome
    replied
    Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
    Most distributions will (probably) leave google option on (defaults can be set via ./configure option).
    you need a permission from mozilla to distribute modified binaries with official branding (FF icon, ...)
    I wouldn't be surprised if the conditions included keeping the defaults.

Leave a comment:

• Luke_Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
    Yahoo still exists? Should be good for finding all those old Geocities sites...
    here you go http://www.reocities.com/

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    That's... really... odd... Was there some sort of falling-out with Google? Do they no longer want to pay Firefox? Did Yahoo offer a lot more money? Because otherwise it doesn't make sense. The only reasonable choice otherwise would have been DuckDuckGo.

Leave a comment:

• mwpow3ll
    replied
    I left Firefox around v3.5.x in 2011 due to the memory issues and switched to Chrome, but in the last year I have since come back to Firefox. It's scary how much data Google retains when you can see it all in one place via Google data management. I still prefer Google as my default search, but so long as it's a simple config option that can be synced with Firefox Sync... I don't really care what they change it to.

Leave a comment:

• scottishduck
    replied
    I guess Mozilla are just giving up

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Most distributions will (probably) leave google option on (defaults can be set via ./configure option).

Leave a comment:

• CrystalGamma
    replied
    Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
    Yahoo still exists? Should be good for finding all those old Geocities sites...
    Weren't they bought out by Microsoft?

Also I wonder what that means for Mozilla's financial situation ... did Yahoo (Microsoft?) really offer them more money than Google does now?

I want Mozilla to be able to continue in their full capacity, they are doing so many important thing for FOSS:
    Not only Firefox (which, understandably, has seen a decline in userbase in favor of Chrom{e, ium} because of performance and UI/UX), but also more low-level projects such as Daala (a next-gen video codec) and Rust (a high-performance memory-safe programming language, which I'm using in all my personal projects now).

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    I bet this will be a good reason to bump Firefox version numbers to a 3-digit range!

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    Our new search strategy doubles down on our commitment to make Firefox a browser for everyone. We believe it will empower more people, in more places with more choice and opportunity to innovate and ultimately put even more people in control over their lives online.
    Does anyone feel ready to innovate after this news?

Leave a comment:

• newwen
    replied
    Ya-who?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X