Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
    Beyond Earth is DX11 only for Windows?
    DX11 or Mantle, that's why Aspyr has a bit of trouble porting it to Mac and Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
      DX11 or Mantle, that's why Aspyr has a bit of trouble porting it to Mac and Linux.

http://blog.gameagent.com/civilizati...-dev-update-1/
      I left that Mantle bit out intentionally, knowing full well it's not going to get any support anyhow on Linux anyway. Probably shouldn't for posterities sake.
      Hi

Comment

In farcry 3 still appears color errors (same 1.7.30 with nvidia 346.16)

However in other cases like final fantasy XIII and lego batman 3 appears more performance

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
          As far as DX11 support goes, being a low priority is understandable. I think Wine and Mesa driver development status go hand in hand. I mean Direct3D 11 supports advanced features like Tessellation, which many new games utilize, yet none of the Mesa driver have full OpenGL 4.x spec support that is needed for that funcitonality. We can't expect Wine to support advanced D3D 11 features in it's Direct3D to OpenGL translation layer when the OpenGL driver stack on Linux itself isn't even at parity with Direct3D 11 yet. The proprietary Linux drivers are at OpenGL 4.x parity but it would be unwise to base Wine development from that.

https://www.winehq.org/winapi_stats
          I mean, to be fair, Mesa development is kinda... meh. I don't know what exactly it is that makes it all take so long, but let's not forget that somebody (or a small group of people, I wasn't paying much attention) wrote an almost-complete D3D9 state tracker for Gallium in just a few months (and it's what? ~90% complete? more now?). I say we explore bringing the Direct* APIs over. Why not write a state tracker for D2D too? D3D10/11 while you're at it. If we have Gallium state trackers for those 4 APIs, then the rest of the drivers could share code (and the blob drivers can do their own thing using their windows Direct API code).

If for nothing else, how funny would it be to see Linux beat Windows using Microsoft's own API?

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
            I think Wine and Mesa driver development status go hand in hand. I mean Direct3D 11 supports advanced features like Tessellation, which many new games utilize, yet none of the Mesa driver have full OpenGL 4.x spec support that is needed for that funcitonality..... The proprietary Linux drivers are at OpenGL 4.x parity but it would be unwise to base Wine development from that.

https://www.winehq.org/winapi_stats
            As long as developers use a heterogeneous mix of AMD and Nvidia hardware, there is no reason they can't use the proprietary Linux drivers for development. As game developers have pointed out, AMD's Catalyst drivers have a good track record of closely adhering to the OpenGL spec.

Comment

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
              Because Codeweavers has to make money somehow, for example that's why D3D Command Stream is a default in Crossover for some time now while under Wine it's "under heavy development".
              Makes me wonder how much this is behind Wine's resistance to accept GalliumNine and CSMT patches?

Comment

Working...
              X