No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma-Next + KF5 Is Looking Nice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the real meat here is: were you expecting a KDE 4-like breakage for KDE 5? That won't happen. It's already faster than KDE 4.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
      But KInfoCenter has nothing to do with KF5...
      The desktop locked up after in KInfoCenter before I could open anything more useful for screenshot...
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        The desktop locked up after in KInfoCenter before I could open anything more useful for screenshot...
        I found the kubuntu ISO a lot more stable than the Fedora one.
        Other than that, in the Neon ISO there is "vokoscreen", a program for screen recorder (probably to help in the bug report or to show the new kde) that works like a charm on my system, out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by panda84 View Post
          user is "liveuser", password empty or "liveuser"
          http://www.progdan.cz/2014/05/kde-fr...a/#comment-985
          Thanks, but it still refuses to log me in, my gut tells me it doesn't yet work with the nouveau driver.

Using Gtx 560Ti

Comment

Michael, I still don't understand your obsession with using a camera to take a picture of your screen. I get it if you want to show off the hardware as well as the screen in one picture, but this one was too dark for that.
            Seriously, normal screenshots please (so I can actually SEE the desktop)

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
              Thanks, but it still refuses to log me in, my gut tells me it doesn't yet work with the nouveau driver.

Using Gtx 560Ti
              Try booting with 'nomodeset'
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

I played a little with the Live CD and I made a little video for those of you who are curious. It's pretty smooth, it got locked for a while but besides that it works alright. The resizing looks much better than now but take a look for yourselves. Its handheld and the camera is focus hunting so be patient

Comment

Originally posted by pumrel View Post
                  I played a little with the Live CD and I made a little video for those of you who are curious. It's pretty smooth, it got locked for a while but besides that it works alright. The resizing looks much better than now but take a look for yourselves. Its handheld and the camera is focus hunting so be patient

Wait for respun ISO's before testing it too much-- one of the devs made a post yesterday or the day before saying that in the last week they had received 77 bug reports and all 77 of them had been handled and/or fixed. Those Fedora ISO's wont have those fixes in them since they were spun before this last week.
                  All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by pumrel View Post

I don't get it... what's the point of re-vamping the look of Plasma (it looks amazing now) and keeping the old Qt/KWin theme? Applications don't fit together with the the desktop at ALL, which sucks :/
                    I'd rather have it all look like crap, but look like crap together (Motif, anybody?) than have one part be beautiful and one part be "meh".

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
                      I don't get it... what's the point of re-vamping the look of Plasma (it looks amazing now) and keeping the old Qt/KWin theme? Applications don't fit together with the the desktop at ALL, which sucks :/
                      I'd rather have it all look like crap, but look like crap together (Motif, anybody?) than have one part be beautiful and one part be "meh".
                      This is not how it is going to look. Check out http://wheeldesign.blogspot.com if you're interested in how the new theme will look.

Comment

Working...
                      X