Qt 5.3 Beta Released -- Improves Android, Adds WebSockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honton View Post
    Yes. This is bloat. Commercial CLA bloat. Blackberry bloat. winRT bloat. IOS bloat. Oh and there is binary blob bloat as well. But that is not for your eyes.
    The code that is necessary to support running on WinRT, Backberry, etc. should not, in any way, slow down performance on Linux, should it? Ergo, I do not care about the existence of that code.

But for example, if Linux support is achieved by the same code for the other "Unix-like" OSes, cough, "POSIX", that would be cumbersome.

Comment

Subsurface

Dirk Hohndel complains about missing help:

and that even though, Linus is working on this! So, there is a lack of people who understand really well, how to do accomplish things in GTK+, the best, most apt, way possible, that have the time and are willing to help others out.

Comment

Originally posted by Emdek View Post
        @toka, do these stats include copy of WebKit source? It's a "monster" itself.
        KHMTL is part of KDE not Qt. I gues the same is true for the fork called WebKit. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by toka View Post
          KHMTL is part of KDE not Qt. I gues the same is true for the fork called WebKit. ;-)
          Wrong. http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qtwebkit-index.html

Comment

I had enough with those phoronix links

seriously, 1 out of 7 links is not pointing to this site, it gets more and more annoying.
            this script with grease monkey will make your life easier.
            // ==UserScript==
            // @name phoronix_links
            // @namespace phoronix
            // @description marks differently the phoronix links
            // @include http://www.phoronix.com/*
            // @version 1
            // @grant none
            // ==/UserScript==

var list = document.getElementsByTagName('a');
            for (var i = 0; i < list.length; i++)
            {
            if (list[i].href.match(/www\.phoronix\.com/i))
            {
            list[i].style['color'] = '#A52A2A';
            }
            }

Comment

Originally posted by Yorgos View Post
              seriously, 1 out of 7 links is not pointing to this site, it gets more and more annoying.
              this script with grease monkey will make your life easier.
              Which links are you talking about? I see only tons of phoronix links... maybe because of premium+adblock?
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Linux support

Another questions just popped into my mind:

Is the Linux support of Qt achieved through POSIX-support or through a distinct code for the Linux system call interface?

You find a visualization of what I mean here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Linux_kernel_API.svg

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  Which links are you talking about? I see only tons of phoronix links...
                  Yes, those phoronix links. Some people think there are too many of them and it is visually unappealing. I personally don't think it makes reading tougher and I like the reference, but to each his/her own... At least they are easily removed with a script.

Comment

Originally posted by toka View Post
                    The code that is necessary to support running on WinRT, Backberry, etc. should not, in any way, slow down performance on Linux, should it? Ergo, I do not care about the existence of that code.

But for example, if Linux support is achieved by the same code for the other "Unix-like" OSes, cough, "POSIX", that would be cumbersome.
                    Yeah! Multiple platform support enforce better abstraction and usually leads to a better code, and support to new display server like wayland become easier.

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post
                      Yeah! Multiple platform support enforce better abstraction and usually leads to a better code, and support to new display server like wayland become easier.
                      Support for anything other than GNOME running on Fedora and systemd is evil in Honton's eyes.

Everybody using software he does not use must be shot!

Comment

Working...
                      X