X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delgarde
    replied
    Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
    For those wondering about the GTK+3 port, they just sorted out the flash-requires-GTK+2 problem: http://firefoxnightly.tumblr.com/pos...y-support-gtk3
    Link to bug: http://bugzil.la/624422
    Nice, though of limited ongoing value - it allows Firefox to move to Gtk3, but if Flash (and other plugins) are never going to support anything but Gtk2, they're not going to be portable to Wayland.

Unless a Wayland-native Firefox can somehow embed an X-based plugin?

Leave a comment:

• Daktyl198
    replied
    Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
    It's hardly abstract... it's a picture of a dropdown menu, a series of parallel lines representing menu items.
    I was just about to explain this, thank you.
    As for the 3 dot icon, it's just the 3-line icons shortened width-wise *shrug*

To everybody wondering about interface-related plugins, most are probably not affected, but some will definitely have to be changed as this changes the interface's XUL itself, requiring plugins that focus on specifically named elements to change to meet the new names.
    For example, the tabs-on-the-side plugin that was shown might not have to change at all to work with Australis as it probably just targets "tab elements" and repositions them, and AFAIK the tab elements didn't get renamed in the interface change, just restyled.

For those wondering about the GTK+3 port, they just sorted out the flash-requires-GTK+2 problem: http://firefoxnightly.tumblr.com/pos...y-support-gtk3
    Link to bug: http://bugzil.la/624422

Leave a comment:

• Delgarde
    replied
    Originally posted by randomizer View Post
    I'm not sure where this symbol originates from, but it seems to be nearly universally accepted as indicating a menu despite being completely abstract. I suppose it's no worse than a gear.
    It's hardly abstract... it's a picture of a dropdown menu, a series of parallel lines representing menu items.

Leave a comment:

• randomizer
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    But those are for small mobile screens. Did they really appear before Android?
    I don't know about Android. I was mostly referring to Chrome, though as an example of something that might have had it before as I can't be certain. Chrome predates both, but it did not have this icon originally. I'm not sure where this symbol originates from, but it seems to be nearly universally accepted as indicating a menu despite being completely abstract. I suppose it's no worse than a gear. I can see how a wrench might indicate configuration/tweaking, but a gear?
    Last edited by randomizer; 09 February 2014, 07:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by randomizer View Post
    Twitter Bootstrap and jQuery Mobile both use it for responsive navigation menus on small screens.
    But those are for small mobile screens. Did they really appear before Android?

Leave a comment:

• randomizer
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Could you give an example?
    Twitter Bootstrap and jQuery Mobile both use it for responsive navigation menus on small screens.

Leave a comment:

• Kostas
    replied
    Are there any substantial performance improvements?

Leave a comment:

• edgar_wibeau
    replied
    I just told you what it means to me

Edit: when I write "more...", the dots point towards what would come afterwards, which is on the right side, thus horizontal. In Android (and elsewhere) the menu is vertical, so vertcal dots make some sense to me. But maybe, that's too much of a construction. It's just that somehow it makes sense to me and this is the first time I try to understand why.
    Last edited by edgar_wibeau; 08 February 2014, 05:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by edgar_wibeau View Post
    The three dots to me just mean "more..." without the "more". Plus rotation by 90 degrees of course.
    But the rotation doesn't make sense. Buttons are square, so it doesn't take up less space or anything.

Leave a comment:

• edgar_wibeau
    replied
    The three dots to me just mean "more..." without the "more". Plus rotation by 90 degrees of course.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X