Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Anyone know if this will be compatible with old extensions? I really don't want the tab bar at the top - I currently use an extension that puts tabs on the left side. I seriously don't understand why that isn't done more often - we have waaay too much wasted horizontal space 1080p screens or higher, and vertical space is more useful for browsing a web page. On my laptop I run chrome, but the screen width is 1366 which IMO the absolute maximum resolution until you have wasted horizontal space.

Leave a comment:

• doom_Oo7
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: A Look At The New Firefox UI On Ubuntu Linux

After yesterday's article about the new Firefox UI landing in the Aurora channel, here's some screenshots showing what the new Firefox marked at 29.0a2 looks like on Ubuntu Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU5NzE
    Will we also be able to have the windows8-like interface? It would be very nice for those of us who run Linux on a tablet !

Leave a comment:

• Licaon
    replied
    Yeah, still not as good as Opera 12.16 :-|

Leave a comment:

• Daktyl198
    replied
    Originally posted by log0 View Post
    Looks pretty close to my current firefox setup, minus the rounded and fading into background tabs. But I hope there will be an addon to fix that.

With the buttons on the right side, I assume the sidebars are on the right side too (would kinda make sense from ui pov: mouse travel and focus)?
    Sidebars are still on the left.

Originally posted by devius View Post
    This looks good to me. After looking at the screenshot on the Mozilla blog it just looked like Chrome, but when running on Ubuntu it doesn't look like it that much. Except for that app menu thingy on the right of course. That's pure Chrome/ium.
    The 3-line menu button was around before Chrome/ium/Android... These days, it's turning into the standard "menu" icon *shrug*
    Once you click the menu, it looks NOTHING alike

Leave a comment:

• log0
    replied
    Looks pretty close to my current firefox setup, minus the rounded and fading into background tabs. But I hope there will be an addon to fix that.

With the buttons on the right side, I assume the sidebars are on the right side too (would kinda make sense from ui pov: mouse travel and focus)?

Leave a comment:

• ferry_th
    replied
    That is....that is....

Very Chrome-y

Leave a comment:

• devius
    replied
    This looks good to me. After looking at the screenshot on the Mozilla blog it just looked like Chrome, but when running on Ubuntu it doesn't look like it that much. Except for that app menu thingy on the right of course. That's pure Chrome/ium.

Leave a comment:

• Pajn
    replied
    Does Ubuntu global menu work with this interface?

Leave a comment:

• wpoely86
    replied
    chrome

Are you sure these aren't screenshots from chrome?

Leave a comment:

• etam
    replied
    I only hope that Tree Style Tab will work with the new UI.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X