• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annabel View Post
    Offtopic
    no shit, Sherlock.

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
      Let me help you. Linus does not demand CLA signing for Linux or Git. Funny story.
      Neither does KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
        no shit, Sherlock.
        Making offtopic post just to troll is stupid

Comment

Offtopic
          so what in this thread again was on-topic? nothing... its just again about if qt is evil or not - then naturaly gtk is the next topic to go.
          so now this is: ontopic

Comment

Citation needed.
            Citation for what? Developers thinking about DRM in GStreamer? Your absence from the discussion thread? You playing the king of freedom? Or your blatant hypocrisy?
            The latter two are fairly obvious, the first two can be seen in the Phoronix article about that topic and the discussion thread for that article.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
              That's awesome!

Now we only need to find a compiler that doesn't need copyright assignment that can compile his code!

It would be really bad if "The Stack (TM)" needed to be built using non-free code that takes copyright away from the community.
              Funnily, the solution is on the way: Clang/LLVM, no CLA needed.

Comment

I would say barely running

Anyway I didn't say it was bad to target more than Linux. But it is still a matter of prioritizing. The Linux stack centered around GTK puts alot of effort into systemd and wayland right now. I LOVE this because it represents the pinnacle of best practice engineering. Qt, Canonical and others have more narrow focus on CLAed replacements parts for this stack.

Despite the fact that Qt and Canonical get a fair amount of revenue from the linux stack, they do not contribute to other essential parts. Because the focus on making money from other markets as well. Do you really think the canonical phone or Qt blackberry port will pay for linux development?
                systemd is a piece of shit.

I hate gtk with a passion purely because FreeDesktop.org projects like to stuff glib anywhere and everywhere they can in core system tools/library's, and my Qt code ends up being Qt with Gtk parts running in the back end. Gtk only has one full time developer, GObject is a nightmare abomination.

Qt5 granted is a far better direction to go then Qt4 but they ripped my pure XLib backend out and replaced it with the undocumented donkey dung that is XCB which by the way doesn't support Hardware Accelerated GLX with Nvidia and Ati binary drivers and never will.

Then you have Dbus a piece of code that is 20,000+ lines of code, and everyone decides its a great piece of software that know one even use's or understands other than those who created it, when much simpler options are available http://unixbus.org/ubus/ or ZeroMQ with http://troydhanson.github.io/tpl/userguide.html

And god forbid if you decided to do your own thing because the masses troll you to death about fragmentation and re-inventing the wheel.
                Last edited by zester; 12 December 2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Making offtopic post just to troll is stupid
                  I'm going to go ahead and ignore you now...

Comment

I would say barely running

Anyway I didn't say it was bad to target more than Linux. But it is still a matter of prioritizing. The Linux stack centered around GTK puts alot of effort into systemd and wayland right now. I LOVE this because it represents the pinnacle of best practice engineering. Qt, Canonical and others have more narrow focus on CLAed replacements parts for this stack.

Despite the fact that Qt and Canonical get a fair amount of revenue from the linux stack, they do not contribute to other essential parts. Because the focus on making money from other markets as well. Do you really think the canonical phone or Qt blackberry port will pay for linux development?
                    What are you talking about? Sailfish is already running on Wayland + Qt in production, using systemd and the rest of the conventional Linux stack. GTK has no special advantage, if anything Qt is even ahead in features.
                    Last edited by shmerl; 12 December 2013, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
                      I'm going to go ahead and ignore you now...
                      nobody cares

Comment

Working...
                      X