Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User-Facing Features Coming To GNOME 3.10

Phoronix: User-Facing Features Coming To GNOME 3.10

Many user-facing features coming to the GNOME 3.10 desktop are starting to see the light of day. Here's some of them...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM4MTM

- The Gitg program for viewing Git repositories within GNOME has been rewritten in Valve and is getting a new appearance for GNOME 3.10.
    Um, do you mean Vala?

Also, what kind of name is Bijiben?

Comment

Originally posted by n3wu53r View Post
      Um, do you mean Vala?

Also, what kind of name is Bijiben?
      Bijiben (笔记本) means notebook in Chinese.

Comment

I sense another superthread coming.

Comment

Things are getting exciting. As many of the core apps are coming to fruition, the whole experience will become more consistent and engaging. The Shell has been constantly refined for a while, and once we get the base versions of these apps out, I think they will really begin to shine as they receive the same polish we've seen in the Shell.

The new widgets and design guidelines are stabilizing, so I think we'll see a new era of comfort as these HIGs start to trickle down into more programs. I only hope that our newfound fragmentation in the wider community doesn't slow down development too much.

Comment

GNOME Classic

I wish they would bring back the GNOME Classic session.

I know there will be extensions for a classic setup, but its not the same thing, I want the real classic session.

Comment

I don't see this posted in the article so here it is

http://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2013/...3-9-sightings/

Comment

I'm really looking foward to Music: Rhythmbox is stable and has nice features, but an appalling UI. And the gitg integration: git-cola is lacking in a few places, but just compare it against TortoiseGit on Windows...

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
                  There is a classic session. Oh and if you liked gnome-panel Im happy to tell you it is maintained again. No fork, no drama, just maintenance.
                  I love gnome-panel! <3

Comment

Originally posted by cbamber85 View Post
                    I'm really looking foward to Music: Rhythmbox is stable and has nice features, but an appalling UI. And the gitg integration: git-cola is lacking in a few places, but just compare it against TortoiseGit on Windows...
                    Why write a new application, when there's an already working one that needs just a better gui?

Comment

Working...
                    X