X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by a user View Post
    they don't. i have it every day on my win 7 work laptop.
    Yeah, it's probably just that my win 7 machine has a lot more memory than my old xp machine had. I don't think it's trashing the page file anymore.

Leave a comment:

• brosis
    replied
    Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
    confirmed, it's slightly improved in Windows 8 but still pretty bad compared to a Linux Desktop with BFS + BFQ & some tweaks (minutes vs. several seconds where you entirely can't use your box)
    Can you please point me how do you "tweak" this out, if ,say, you compile kernel on your own?

Leave a comment:

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by a user View Post
    confirmed, it's slightly improved in Windows 8 but still pretty bad compared to a Linux Desktop with BFS + BFQ & some tweaks (minutes vs. several seconds where you entirely can't use your box)

Leave a comment:

• a user
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    What are you talking about, Windows XP was notorious for that problem. They have seemed to solve it with Vista/7, though.

Leave a comment:

• coder111
    replied
    Please mesure LATENCY when benchmarking Liquorix!

Hi,

All these benchmarks show is that there are no major performance regressions in Liquorix.

This kernel is LATENCY optimized. It is supposed to have better LATENCY than other kernels. Michael, can you please stop doing only throughput oriented benchmarks for desktop kernels and add some latency benchmarks?

This is very embarrassing. And it's the 2nd time Phoronix screws up like this and puts benchmarks that have little relevance. Don't get me wrong. I love Phoronix and I read it almost daily, but I'd like to see it get better and to stop doing embarrasing things like this article.

--Coder

Leave a comment:

• ext73
    replied
    Originally posted by timofonic View Post
    Can you specify what kernels are "yours"?
    Hi, "my" in the sense - my configuration and compilatiion + a few modifications sources [made to build was possible] and e.g patch to removal of info: fast tsc failed. So ... for example, running a version of Brazos:

AMD APU E-350-1

AMD APU E-350-2

AMD APU E-350-3

Ubuntu.pl/e X t 7 3 kernels

our script - NeteXt'73

Greetings

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    Looks like linux truly is superior to windows that never had this problem....
    What are you talking about, Windows XP was notorious for that problem. They have seemed to solve it with Vista/7, though.

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    Originally posted by ext73 View Post
    Venture to say that I think ... my kernels - particularly i7 [for Sandy and Ivy Bridge] and Brazos [for AMD Athlon II from up] line will be faster, and far more responsive - especially under a load of 100% for each thread / core processor - than Steven kernels. Of course, it must be emphasized that Steven kernels are really good - btw I in recent years do not use BFS and BFQ.

Regards
    Can you specify what kernels are "yours"?

Leave a comment:

• ext73
    replied
    Venture to say that I think ... my kernels - particularly i7 [for Sandy and Ivy Bridge] and Brazos [for AMD Athlon II from up] line will be faster, and far more responsive - especially under a load of 100% for each thread / core processor - than Steven kernels. Of course, it must be emphasized that Steven kernels are really good - btw I in recent years do not use BFS and BFQ.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• brosis
    replied
    Originally posted by not.sure View Post
    You could also use 3.8 from experimental.
    Liquorix is rather stable, desktop-optimized and easy to install. So, no, I couldn't.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X