X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zan Lynx
    replied
    What About Latency?

What about measuring things that matter for a desktop and gaming machine such as worst frame performance and input-to-response latency, especially worst-case latency?

There's not much that is more annoying than typing in a text editor or word processor and having everything freeze solid for two seconds because a large disk job started running in the background.

Leave a comment:

• cfeck
    replied
    If it is supposed to be measuring desktop performance...

...then it should use benchmarks that measure latency. For example, try copying a 4 gigabyte file and start firefox at the same time, and measure how long it needs before firefox is fully usable.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    If you use Kanotix you can even use kernel 3.9 with wheezy

Leave a comment:

• not.sure
    replied
    Originally posted by brosis View Post
    I have been using it recently due to bug in original Debian kernel, which was fixed in 3.8, but Debian is still on 3.2,
    You could also use 3.8 from experimental.

Leave a comment:

• brosis
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    The title was just easier/shorter writing over Liquorix 3.8 Kernel Has Some Performance Wins Over Vanilla/Mainline Linux Kernel.
    Or more like "optimized"? : ) My reply wasn?t meant as offensive at any degree anyway, this project is very worth mentioning!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by brosis View Post
    But Michael made misguiding title for purpose - Liquirix IS a Linux kernel, Debian-packaged, Zenwalk-inspired.
    The title was just easier/shorter writing over Liquorix 3.8 Kernel Has Some Performance Wins Over Vanilla/Mainline Linux Kernel.

Leave a comment:

• brosis
    replied
    Originally posted by droidhacker
    liquor... ix.
    This is just crap compiled by a moron teenaged idiot underaged alcoholic. Completely not worthy of being reported on.

And impossible to take seriously, anything that has been... inappropriately renamed (since its not even a fork of Linux, it *IS* the linux kernel)... in tribute to alcohol -- WTF is wrong with him?
    Whats wrong with offering DEB-packaged Desktop-optimized kernel for Debian Testing/Sid?
    I have been using it recently due to bug in original Debian kernel, which was fixed in 3.8, but Debian is still on 3.2, and the ride is pure awesomeness.
    For example, it can hibernate properly, unlike Debian.

Liquorix rocks!

But Michael made misguiding title for purpose - Liquirix IS a Linux kernel, Debian-packaged, Zenwalk-inspired.

Leave a comment:

• halo9en
    replied
    Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
    so what were the differences in the kernel-config between stock Ubuntu kernel and Liquorix kernel config ?
    configs here... http://liquorix.net/sources/3.8/

i never used liquorix, but if it shares code from zen-kernel (same author) then it also uses extra code/patches

Leave a comment:

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    so what were the differences in the kernel-config between stock Ubuntu kernel and Liquorix kernel config ?

Leave a comment:

• ssam
    replied
    the difference between 3.8.0 and 3.8.6 is much bigger than i expected.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X