Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightworks On Linux Shows Signs Of Life

Phoronix: Lightworks On Linux Shows Signs Of Life

It's been a long-time coming, but the Linux port of the award-winning high-end Lightworks non-linear video editor is moving along...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Video narrator

<twitch>The western European Li'nux instead of the eastern European Lin'ux.</twitch>

Comment

Originally posted by zigfreed View Post
      <twitch>The western European Li'nux instead of the eastern European Lin'ux.</twitch>
      "Li-nux" is a real thing? You mean the guy in the video wasn't just trolling us!

Comment

Hm, why is he saying "L-aay-nux" instead of "L-ee-nux"?

Comment

When it was first announced lightworks is coming to linux i could not believe my eyes. I stated publicly that adobe must be close to releasing their video edit suite as multiplatform since they allow lightworks to enter the market.

What has happened since lightworks first was announced, and now that it is being released for real? adobe's premiere now runs on wine!

Of course many of you now scream conspiracy, but just think about it. How much would you invest as adobe's CEO in cornering the market and blocking the only rising platform from having a competing product?

Comment

More info on release date in the video

If you watch the video, he actually says the beta will be available by the end of March, ie within 10 days.

Comment

Working...
            X