X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cardboard
    replied
    Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
    youtube embed doesn't ask to install flash if you have html5 able browser.

ooooooooooooooh they got their terminal with backgrounds... meanwhile their icons, interface, still looks like it was drawn by hand with crayons
    you're as bad as funkstar

Leave a comment:

• Pallidus
    replied
    youtube embed doesn't ask to install flash if you have html5 able browser.

ooooooooooooooh they got their terminal with backgrounds... meanwhile their icons, interface, still looks like it was drawn by hand with crayons

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Nothing's changed there.

My point was not about the videos' format, but about the fact there are only videos. It's bad form to do that and not post even one screenshot.
    I think video showcases better what Terminology can do. You cannot see this on a static pic. Here are pics of it but you can't see what it does. (plus its in spanish) http://isopenisfree.wordpress.com/20...inal-para-e17/

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    (don't tell me that you still haven't enabled html5 video on your browser )
    Nothing's changed there.

My point was not about the videos' format, but about the fact there are only videos. It's bad form to do that and not post even one screenshot.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    Yes, I have no idea what it looks like, I only see several "install flash" blocks.
    Works perfectly in FF without flash. .webm FTW.

(don't tell me that you still haven't enabled html5 video on your browser )

Also E17 BETA release today.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Yes, I have no idea what it looks like, I only see several "install flash" blocks.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    There is not a single picture on that page, only Youtube embeds. This is _not_ how you do a free software page.
    What are you on about. It works brilliantly and showcases what Terminology can do.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by Otamay View Post
    E17 needs more love, the lack of applications is frustrating, but the EFL libraries seems to be very powerful and lightweight. For example, the terminal "Terminology" (http://www.enlightenment.org/p.php?p=about/terminology) is usable and very beautiful, and have been developed since July, 2012.
    There is not a single picture on that page, only Youtube embeds. This is _not_ how you do a free software page.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxjen View Post
    I agree it would be awesome to have native apps like a good filemanager or a simple text editor.
    EFM works rather well. Some glitches and features missing here and there but i believe once more people start to use enlightenment it will mature. I agree on the text editor.

E17 runs on WL. The WL people -or anyone that knows how- have to add some stuff to the protocol so its OK for full featured DEs. And we need Xwayland for the apps that don't run natively. Its coming
    Last edited by 89c51; 06 December 2012, 03:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maxjen
    replied
    There are a lot of things to be done and will be a blessing if devs start to take notice and start using EFL as a toolkit to make apps. E17 needs (or deserves) native apps.
    I agree it would be awesome to have native apps like a good filemanager or a simple text editor.

As for compositing native Wayland compositor is in the "plans" but i believe once the protocol is ready E will be able to run on it.
    I have no doubt that E will run on Wayland. What is more exciting to me are the features they will come up with because right now compositing is just an addon and all it does are little things like transparency or shadows. I am sure E18 will do much more.

BTW is there a way to make Everything search in all the files?? And is there a way to make the screen lock when it blanks??
    Sorry, I have no idea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X