Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment E17 Is Going To Be Released

Phoronix: Enlightenment E17 Is Going To Be Released

Enlightenment E17 is actually going to be released, claims the project. There's now a release manager responsible for getting this window manager out the door after this version of Enlightenment was started back in 2000...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The end of the world is nigh! I'm sure that E17 getting released was one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Disclaimer: I am a big fan of E17, and use it on my home and work desktop. Been using it for years.

Comment

It's still ahead of the Duke Nukem Forever schedule. What's next, a stable release of GNU HURD?

Comment

Why does everbody believe that without confirmation of an offical source? The blog is not one!
        Something like that should be at leat on e.org or a connected blog!

The EFL are already stable, the blog states otherwise?!

And its very strange that there is no indication who the "e17releasemanager" is, very uncommon in the E universe!

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
          It's still ahead of the Duke Nukem Forever schedule. What's next, a stable release of GNU HURD?
          sorry but Duke NF beat it a year ago:

Duke Nukem Forever is coming! Check out this official trailer for the famous game. In this gameplay, Duke shoots a lot of stuff. Also, a toilet.IGN's YouTube...

you lost the bet.

Comment

Originally posted by bug! View Post
            Why does everbody believe that without confirmation of an offical source? The blog is not one!

And its very strange that there is no indication who the "e17releasemanager" is, very uncommon in the E universe!
            "e17releasemanager" is probably another unofficial Michael blog.

Comment

When it's released, will there be an uproar from users saying that e16 was soooo much better like there was with Gnome3 and KDE4?

I kid. Good to see this finally making it out the door. I might set up a bodhi vm to see how they're coming along.

F

Comment

Originally posted by bug! View Post

Michael just added that blog, but I assure you that it is official.

You can look at some of his work on e17 here :

that blog is not a fake, we really want to release e17.

Comment

With so much dev time this had, is there a 0-bug(TM) guarantee? :-D

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    With so much dev time this had, is there a 0-bug(TM) guarantee? :-D
                    of course !

Comment

Working...
                    X