Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2011 GNOME User Survey Results

Phoronix: The 2011 GNOME User Survey Results

Here are the much-anticipated results of the 2011 GNOME User Survey.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

People looks happy

The survey shows happy face :-)

Comment

So I guess the survey missed its agenda. No sensationalist headline here.

Comment

"Most users though say they are running GNOME 2.x still"

No... 4740 said they are using Gnome 2.x, and 5519 said they are using 3.x.

DUMBKOPF

Comment

Huh, what's the point of some of those questions, like if you know what GNOME is and if you use GNOME, if the survey is called the "GNOME User Survey"?.. That also explains why few of them describe their desktop as KDE - if you're a GNOME user, then why would you say that your desktop is KDE?..

Other than that, yea, everything seems to be rather normal there, nothing in particular really stands out.

Comment

Do you know what GNOME is?

The first description is wrong. While 9723 people answered "yes" and only 51 people answered "no" to "Do you know what GNOME is?", the sentence "most everyone was familiar with the GNOME desktop" should have read "many people were delusional enough to answer 'yes' even though they did not have a clue".

The number of people urging the GNOME developers to drop Unity or to drop Compiz (neither of which has anything to do with the development of GNOME) was mindblowing, a true testament to human stupidity. Finding out what GNOME is (a simple task that takes a couple of seconds) should be the first thing any person does before filling out a GNOME user survey.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              Huh, what's the point of some of those questions, like if you know what GNOME is and if you use GNOME, if the survey is called the "GNOME User Survey"?.. That also explains why few of them describe their desktop as KDE - if you're a GNOME user, then why would you say that your desktop is KDE?..

Other than that, yea, everything seems to be rather normal there, nothing in particular really stands out.
              I don't know the point of some of the questions either, but I didn't come up with any of the survey.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ok, we need a KDE survey now.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
                  Ok, we need a KDE survey now.
                  I can't imagine more meaningless use of time. What exactly are we supposed to get out of these?

It would be nice to have more KDE releated news though.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post

I agree. I didn't do the survey because I use KDE, and from the title it was for GNOME users. I suspect that a lot more may have done the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X