X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misiu_mp
    replied
    Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
    SWEEET!!! Yea, I know there are problems but it's very difficult to put these kinds of problems into a bug report... There's not much to say, other than the fact that it just look graphically wrong under some situations, but not others.. Hopefully these fixes will make it that much easier to make the switch from KDE3 to KDE4 on my old laptop..

I don't know if there's really been any bug reports against KDE for this, as I've always just assumed it was a problem with the drivers since these problems don't happen with kwin when using the nvidia blob..

Everyone I've ever shown these graphical glitches to, has said it *really* does look like a driver bug.. I don't care whether it's a driver problem or a KWIN problem, so long as it gets fixed!
    Actually screen display corruption or incorrect rendering is not all that difficult to describe. A few words of description and circumstances and a screenshot or a photo mostly does the job. This way you will find out if there are others with that problem and give the devs something to anchor their repair to.

Leave a comment:

• Sidicas
    replied
    SWEEET!!! Yea, I know there are problems but it's very difficult to put these kinds of problems into a bug report... There's not much to say, other than the fact that it just look graphically wrong under some situations, but not others.. Hopefully these fixes will make it that much easier to make the switch from KDE3 to KDE4 on my old laptop..

I don't know if there's really been any bug reports against KDE for this, as I've always just assumed it was a problem with the drivers since these problems don't happen with kwin when using the nvidia blob..

Everyone I've ever shown these graphical glitches to, has said it *really* does look like a driver bug.. I don't care whether it's a driver problem or a KWIN problem, so long as it gets fixed!
    Last edited by Sidicas; 17 October 2011, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johny_b
    replied
    Does anyone know more details about these two bugs? Are they registered at bugs.kde.org?

Leave a comment:

• xeros
    replied
    Thanks a lot!
    There are still people which use R300/R400 cards with latest KDE versions.
    Unfortunately because of the problems I had to disable desktop effects in KDE 4.7.x but I used them without bigger problems in KDE 4.6.x and earlier versions.

Leave a comment:

• mo0n_sniper
    replied
    Nice. Thanks Martin and thanks Michael.

Leave a comment:

• FunkyRider
    replied
    Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
    Seriously. If only this scaled linearly...
    Well, don't know what your intention is (or which year are you living?!) but a card 10x more expensive is effectively more than 100x faster now. So it's more like exponentially.

Leave a comment:

• siride
    replied
    Maybe the next step will be to get performance on r600+ up to speed. They've only been out for 4 some years. I don't see why dragging a window around should be laggy in this day and age.

Leave a comment:

• mattst88
    replied
    Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
    Geez. The X1300? Isn't it like $20 a piece now? The OSS progress has been so severely hindered by lack of fund that a $20 card cannot be spared! Sigh...
    Seriously. If only this scaled linearly...

Leave a comment:

• FunkyRider
    replied
    Geez. The X1300? Isn't it like $20 a piece now? The OSS progress has been so severely hindered by lack of fund that a $20 card cannot be spared! Sigh...

Leave a comment:

• PsynoKhi0
    replied
    Originally posted by gilboa View Post
    Back during XDC2011 Chicago I passed along an ATI Radeon X1300PRO graphics card to get to him so he could work out these issues.
    Wow... That's

Leave a comment:

Working...
X