Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescience500
    replied
    I think the open source flash like gnash is a great stop-gap until flash can be replaced by open source and patent free html5 video tag. While these releases are nice, the news I most want to hear is Adobe actually taking steps to add WebM support to their flash player and tools. That way, the transition to html5 video tag with WebM would be easier and more likely.

Leave a comment:

• e8hffff
    replied
    Arrrr Shivvverrrs. I was hoping the new release would support the newer versions of flash. If that was the case I would ditch the Adobe version instantly.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Gnash Continues Marching Forward Quietly

Gnash Continues Marching Forward Quietly

Phoronix: Gnash Continues Marching Forward Quietly

Jumping in with the recent releases of the open-source Lightspark Flash Player is a new release of the Gnash Flash Player. The last Gnash release was version 0.8.8 back in August, but it's now been succeeded by a new point release. The previous release delivered on VA-API video acceleration support and "100% YouTube compatibility", but this new 0.8.9 release isn't quite as exciting for most users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X