• Show
Clear All

Do we have Clarance for that?

Huh?

Roger!

Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by gedgon View Post
      KDE developer? I'm sorry, did i hurt your feelings?
      No and no.

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
        Don't call him shirley.
        Too soon man, too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by gedgon View Post
          Nope, unless there are some serious Arch packaging bugs, i call you a liar. Your distro?
          I doubt there are serious packaging issues with arch. That's what I have in my miserable Eee PC1000H and KDE runs smoothly and very fast. I just tried that "moving the mouse around in dolphin" issue and I could see a maximum of 32% cpu usage. This is a 1,6GHz HT Atom cpu and GMA950 graphics in case anyone doesn't know. I'll try with compositing enabled later to see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
            I doubt there are serious packaging issues with arch. That's what I have in my miserable Eee PC1000H and KDE runs smoothly and very fast. I just tried that "moving the mouse around in dolphin" issue and I could see a maximum of 32% cpu usage. This is a 1,6GHz HT Atom cpu and GMA950 graphics in case anyone doesn't know. I'll try with compositing enabled later to see if it makes a difference.
            30-40% is what I get on my 3.2GHz Core 2 with a 9500GT and nvidia. The CPU consumption is really quite ridiculous.

Comment

Is this a KDE 4.6 regression or something?

With hardcore mouse wiggling all over dolphin icons, I fail to get it above 2% of a single core in KDE 4.5.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post

With hardcore mouse wiggling all over dolphin icons, I fail to get it above 2% of a single core in KDE 4.5.
                I'm on KDE 4.5.4 and I get 20% CPU usage doing that. This is on a C2D E6600 clocked at 2.7GHz with a Radeon HD4870 using the r600 driver (both Gallium as well as Classic) with KMS.

Comment

It might be on some setups, on others not.

Comment

could it have something to do with some additional services? Maybe dolphin is querying nepomuk about semantic information to display, or something?

Comment

could it have something to do with some additional services? Maybe dolphin is querying nepomuk about semantic information to display, or something?
                      No. I've compiled KDE without the semantic desktop thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X