Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason ? No reason

Well well:

The bitchy new FireFox ( as of 3.6.3 ) has made cookie-control vanish ... the name does not exist on 1st/2nd level displays.

The **function** is now wrapped up in and obscured-by the "history" concept, conflating the HISTORY of a users-choices with the predation behavior of content suppliers. Why would a reasonable person make this conflation ? ANSWER: noone would !!

Why would the new cookie-control appear so purposefully un-intuitive ? I wonder where-is the money flowing ... that is always the proper concern when facing evident foolish choices by powerful institutions.

Cookies aren't necessarily "predatory", but they are necessarily set by an associated host/domain, which means that they represent a kind of secondary history, particularly for any site that requires logging in. I agree that it's not intuitive to the average user, but it's not that ridiculous.

Comment

A lawyers response ...

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
      Cookies aren't necessarily "predatory", but they are necessarily set by an associated host/domain, which means that they represent a kind of secondary history, particularly for any site that requires logging in. I agree that it's not intuitive to the average user, but it's not that ridiculous.
      Har har har ... What you say really is hilarious ... do you run a UTUBE comedy site? You give a clever "shysters" aka MOB-mouthpiece response. Do you break-legs and chop-thumbs on weekends for the Corsican goodfellaz ??

That's a complement - seriously -- if you're working for a sharky venture-capital company about to buy_out and "monetize" po po MOZ !
      You want the truly outrageous and malevolent nuevo FireFox behavior to be viewed as only slightly geeky foibles. We know better ...

Comment

Working...
      X