Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE SC 4.4 Gets Its Final Release Candidate

Phoronix: KDE SC 4.4 Gets Its Final Release Candidate

While KDE SC 4.4 RC2 should have been the last release candidate for the KDE 4.4 Software Compilation, a third and final release candidate has been offered. The KDE SC 4.4 release managers deemed another RC necessary after bugs (and fixes) continued to flow in following the RC2 release.The KDE SC 4.4 RC3 release announcement can be read at KDE.org...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This mostly deals with issues introduced with Qt 4.6.1.

Comment

You mean issues introduced with qt 4.6.0 ?

Comment

No, by Qt 4.6.1. KDE 4.4 doesn't support 4.5 at all.

Comment

I hear it's recommended to use Qt 4.6.1 as with 4.6.0, Plasma crashes from time to time.

Comment

Lol, Gnome sucks!

No, wait, wrong thread. Err, I meant KDE should take their time to fix blocker bugs before pushing out 4.4. No point in rushing for final, with major downstream users at least 2 months away from release.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
              Lol, Gnome sucks!

No, wait, wrong thread.
              No, it's the right one. That's what it's going to "evolve" into anyway

Comment

Lol, Gnome sucks!

No, wait, wrong thread. Err, I meant KDE should take their time to fix blocker bugs before pushing out 4.4. No point in rushing for final, with major downstream users at least 2 months away from release.
                Of course they should. Btw. what blocker bugs do you mean? If the one about crashing plasma it seems it only happens with QT 4.6.0.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                  Of course they should. Btw. what blocker bugs do you mean? If the one about crashing plasma it seems it only happens with QT 4.6.0.
                  Don't know, sounds like a blocker bug to me. This list has some other interesting stuff, although I can't be bothered to check which of those affect 4.4.

In any case, my point was that they should release when they feel it's ready rather than push a 4.4.0 release now and a 4.4.1 in two weeks. That's what release candidates are for, anyway.

Comment

Don't know, sounds like a blocker bug to me.
                    Qt 4.6.1 is out and fixes those bugs.

Comment

Working...
                    X