X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miles
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    64-bit PHP5-GTK for Ubuntu: http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/m....1-0_amd64.deb

You will also need to add "extension=php_gtk2.so" to your /etc/php5/cli/php.ini after installing the package.
    Thanks a lot Michael. Guess I'll have to make some space and reinstall an amd64 partition...

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    I think it's mentioned in the HTML documentation. I wish I had my build scripts still that I used to easily come up with that package, but I don't. I sure wish though php5-gtk would be more widely packaged...

Leave a comment:

• [Knuckles]
    replied
    64-bit PHP5-GTK for Ubuntu: http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/m....1-0_amd64.deb

You will also need to add "extension=php_gtk2.so" to your /etc/php5/cli/php.ini after installing the package.
    Michael: you should definitely add a link for that package to the download section of the site; maybe even a x86 version or at least a source deb that can be used to compile it.

Just this week I installed PTS on a ubuntu pc to test the pc, and wanted to leave it with a shiny gui that I can show my friend, and gave up after all the confusing and outdated instructions on getting php5-gtk running on ubuntu.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied

Leave a comment:

• miles
    replied
    Does anyone know where to get php-gtk packages for Debian and Ubuntu? I'm unable to use the GUI interface because of that problem (Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic).

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by oliver View Post
    Will 2009.4 also be around 1gbit? I have like loads of 700mb cd's laying around that i'm not using for anything. Burning random liveCD's is great fun for it

I know you are dependant on ubuntu, but wasting a dvd is kinda wastefull. And since my biggest USB stick is only 1GB it would be my only option.

Also, I've noticed the 2009.3 iso name was x86_64, meaning it'll only run on 64 bit CPU's? my IBM T42 may be ancient, but it still is very sweet (to me anyway) so are there any plans for a 32bit version?
    It's highly unlikely that PTS Desktop Live will ever fit on a CD, right now the thinking is that 2009.4 will be about 1.2GB in size.

Right now only x86_64 systems are targeted and it is unlikely that the desktop version will ever see 32-bit support. Though PTS Mobile Live would have 32-bit support.

Leave a comment:

• oliver
    replied
    Will 2009.4 also be around 1gbit? I have like loads of 700mb cd's laying around that i'm not using for anything. Burning random liveCD's is great fun for it

I know you are dependant on ubuntu, but wasting a dvd is kinda wastefull. And since my biggest USB stick is only 1GB it would be my only option.

Also, I've noticed the 2009.3 iso name was x86_64, meaning it'll only run on 64 bit CPU's? my IBM T42 may be ancient, but it still is very sweet (to me anyway) so are there any plans for a 32bit version?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by WhiteRabbit View Post
    Just a thought... The system tray icon on 2009.3... is it possible to get that under Fedora or any other distro for that matter... I enjoy having that little notification icon in the corner
    It should automatically show up when running "phoronix-test-suite gui", except for a few distributions that don't compile php-gtk with GtkStatusIcon support.

Or if you are talking about those libnotify notifications, you can do that on any system without php-gtk by adding gui_gtk_events (I think that's what it's called in 2.0) to your LoadModules tag in ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml

Leave a comment:

• [Knuckles]
    replied
    I think using the BFS scheduler is a bad idea: testing should be done with what users have/will have in the next round of distro updates, not with an experimental scheduler that might skew the results by improving some benchmarks and penalizing others, and that doesn't mirror what 99,9999999999% users will see.

Leave a comment:

• WhiteRabbit
    replied
    The GUI version should always work out of the box with PTS Desktop Live... It does right now with 2009.3 and will with 2009.4. The GUI is used by default there.
    Just a thought... The system tray icon on 2009.3... is it possible to get that under Fedora or any other distro for that matter... I enjoy having that little notification icon in the corner

Leave a comment:

Working...
X