KDE Fixes Adaptive-Sync Issues & Less Glitches During GPU Resets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anda_skoa View Post
    Everyone who contributes makes a difference.

Someone who donates money, time, skills or other resources, even makes a positive difference.
    I disagree,

Contributing a small amount of money does not make a difference, in many places you can;t buy a sandwich for $20.

Furthermore, if you do feel like donating some cash and all you can afford is a small amount of money, at least don't sit there and make a big production out if it, this guy likes to brag about the money he donates, if he is donating it's so he can tell himself what a great guy he is,

Reminds me of when I was younger and my dad was still alive, he wanted me to go to Sunday services with him and one Sunday I decided to go.

During the services the priest says he wants to bring up brother so and so for a minute and precedes to publicly thank him for the "generous" contribution of 50 thousand dollars that brother so and so had made to the church.

The whole time brother so and so is standing there with a big smile on his as people applauded his donation and I just sat there feeling sick to my stomach.

This guy was filthy rich, his car cost at least twice what he donated, hos house was worth millions, the fur coat his wife wore cost about half what he donated, that 50 grand meant nothing to him.

More importantly if he had wanted to donate because he wanted to help out the community, then do so privately, don't sit their soaking in accolades in the middle of church services.

That's the last time i ever went to any church or even stepped foot in any house of worship.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

It's the units, it's not like they're lying?

​​​​​​How often do you see a device sold with the capacity in IEC (binary) unit of measurement? (eg TiB, TebiByte), instead you see the more familiar SI units (decimal, base 10, 1,000x scales) like TB (Terabyte).

The computer then displays the capacity in TiB and you feel cheated? Now you can view it as TB and will feel better that the capacity better matches as advertised, even though nothing really changed physically? 🤷‍♂️

Windows I think has been misleading on that front though iirc, and would present the units incorrectly. So you might get TB displayed but it's actually in TiB, which is misleading and confused users more.

So 4TB should be 4 trillion bytes, which is much easier for us to think about than binary prefix (IEC) with `(1024^4)*4` 😅 plus for marketing SI prefix is a bigger number anyway.
      Ah, yes, another fallen to the PR ....

Computers don't read storage/Memory like that and you know it.

Ironically they haven't tried it with RAM, YET!

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
        1) Eliminate any code contribution from volunteers.
        That is neither possible nor desirable.

2) Hire 3 professional programmers with a minimum B.S. degree in Computer Science from a respected school.
        I am pretty sure that applies to the development contractors currently being paid by KDE e.V.

And there are a lot more with equal or higher levels of respective education in the wider contributor community.

Plus all the professionals from other domains than coding who contribute their skills.

Comment

Contributing a small amount of money does not make a difference, in many places you can;t buy a sandwich for $20.
          Any contribution that moves you closer to the threshold is a positive contribution.

Crowd funding initiatives have raised a lot of money by accumulating even small individual ones.

if he is donating it's so he can tell himself what a great guy he is,
          They did donate when they didn't have to and they know their contribution is appreciated.

Nothing wrong with being proud of having helped out.

Belittling their contribution is also a sort of contribution. Unfortunately negative one.

Comment

Originally posted by anda_skoa View Post
            Any contribution that moves you closer to the threshold is a positive contribution.

Crowd funding initiatives have raised a lot of money by accumulating even small individual ones.

They did donate when they didn't have to and they know their contribution is appreciated.

Nothing wrong with being proud of having helped out.

Belittling their contribution is also a sort of contribution. Unfortunately negative one.
            He is spewing nonsense. Let's not make him dig a deeper hole for himself.

Comment

Working...
            X