• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post
    wait till they rewrite it in rust
    What do you mean, it's written in rust.

Comment

Originally posted by cutterjohn View Post
      picture is more an amusing anecdote of days gone by.. happier times, when people were less judgemental...
      I had my "acid daze" in the past, though not going as far back as this poster I believe that certain west coast culture (not that it didn't have other forms in other places) had quite a lot of influence on early computing. There were a lot of "heads" that found creative outlet in the burgeoning computing scene happening out that way.

Comment

congrats to servo for once again passing it. Phoronix seems to mostly correctly load with some issues (works until adds load then it kinda breaks, and finally crashes). Nitter is finally 90% working by the looks of it. There is a strange gap between the tweets button and banner, but it seems to be mostly loading. the other buttons don't load (tweets and replies, media etc).

Here is an update on some of my testing;

Flutter apps still don't seem to work. (fluffy.chat)
        Piped doesn't work at all, invidious UI seems to work but fails when it tries to load a video.
        Everyone's favourite hub for erotica mostly works. ads completely break it though.
        youtube.com / tv actually seems to make a little bit of progress not a whole lot but some
        SmartTwitchTV https://github.com/fgl27/SmartTwitchTV/ is actually starting to load as well, thumbanils and video itself are broken but the page has proper layout
        old reddit now works slowly, but as far as I can tell, without many issues
        github is completely broken
        Lemmy.world actually renders mostly correct
        wikipedia is mostly working but some parts keep moving or overlap
        arch wiki us mostly working but some parts wont load (All section numbers say 0 for instance)

Videos seem to be mostly busted even when I compile myself which is a regression since last I tested. It sometimes works but you have to retry a couple times

Let me know if there are any other sites that you fellas want tested. preferabbly stuff that doesn't need logging into

Comment

If Servo did pass than I dunno why the article writer would include a pic of it failing the test in their article of it passing the test. For those curious, this is the reference image http://acid2.acidtests.org/reference.html

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Steel View Post
            If Servo did pass than I dunno why the article writer would include a pic of it failing the test in their article of it passing the test. For those curious, this is the reference image http://acid2.acidtests.org/reference.html
            It’s the mouse pointer, I’m guessing

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Steel View Post
              Originally posted by LtdJorge View Post

It’s the mouse pointer, I’m guessing
              yes lmao, the color of the nose changes when you hover over it it, it's supposed to do that, it is, infact passing

/* lines six to nine, with nose: auto margins */
              .nose { float: left; margin: -2em 2em -1em; border: solid 1em black; border-top: 0; min-height: 80%; height: 60%; max-height: 3em; /* percentages become auto (see 10.5 and 10.7) and intrinsic height is more than 3em, so 3em wins */ padding: 0; width: 12em; }
              .nose > div { padding: 1em 1em 3em; height: 0; background: yellow; }
              .nose div div { width: 2em; height: 2em; background: red; margin: auto; }
              .nose :hover div { border-color: blue; }
              .nose div:hover :before { border-bottom-color: inherit; }
              .nose div:hover :after { border-top-color: inherit; }
              .nose div div:before { display: block; border-style: none solid solid; border-color: red yellow black yellow; border-width: 1em; content: ''; height: 0; }
              .nose div :after { display: block; border-style: solid solid none; border-color: black yellow red yellow; border-width: 1em; content: ''; height: 0; }​

Comment

Originally posted by Emmanuel Deloget View Post

Some things that are tested by Acid3 are no longer considered a wise move for modern web browser. The Acid3 test is now 17 years old . The Acid2 test is even older, but it should not use anything that has been removed/changed (CSS2 is still part of the game and should render correctly).

For those interested, I cannot find the Acid2 test on the official page (https://acid2.acidtests.org/) but it's still available (and there is a certificate error on this page which I find quite disturbing) on the WebStandard Project page (https://www.webstandards.org/files/acid2/test.html#top). Be sure to not have any level of zoom or unzoom when you want to see how your browser works with this test.
                I think they reverted some nonsense from Acid2 too (I believe it was some SGML style parsing details). So you have to make sure get an updated version otherwise it is testing things are effectively considered wrong now too.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

yes lmao, the color of the nose changes when you hover over it it, it's supposed to do that, it is, infact passing
                  Ahhhh, okay! That explains it. That does not happen when looking at the Reference image which is, of course, a static image.

Comment

Working...
                  X