Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNOME Working To Make Key Rack A Viable Password Manager, Better Printing For Flatpaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
    I hope soon UI developers become old with eyesight problems and understand that this screenshot looks like a white rectangle with some color splat of app icons. And not only GNOME but KDE also loves this low contrast crap. But at least on KDE I can change my theme with one click without breaking the system.

Even Phoronix has better theme GNOME and KDE made by professionals.
    Users with visual difficulties or impairment should use the high contrast option in the settings. Moreover, there is a high contrast icon theme.

Comment

Key rack, I have many questions about it, It's a password manager, but the app description only says view and edit password stored in applications. So it can't save password? How about website logins? And can I sync it across devices? If so, does it have its own service, or I can use already existing third party solution like bitwarden?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        Damn, it's ugly, it's literally a box of whitespace inside a box of whitespace inside another box of whitespace!
        Freetards can't into design. That's older than walking backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by FuchtelJockel View Post
          Why does it differentiate between flatpak and system? A password manager shouldn't care about this.
          When I say Gnome pushes flatpak into our throats everyone attacks me.

Comment

Awesome progress on the most well designed desktop environment!

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
              Damn, it's ugly, it's literally a box of whitespace inside a box of whitespace inside another box of whitespace!
              Because normal people want breathable and non-overwhelming UIs, and GNOME is geared for normal people unlike you. I tried a lot of non-GNOME "advanced" apps before and they overwhelm me to the point of being unusable.

Comment

Originally posted by uscracks94 View Post

When I say Gnome pushes flatpak into our throats everyone attacks me.
                That's only true if you are being forced to use GNOME. Not happy with GNOME? KDE is waving at you right now.

Comment

Originally posted by IverCoder View Post

That's only true if you are being forced to use GNOME. Not happy with GNOME? KDE is waving at you right now.
                  I like GNOME, it's just nowadays it adopting this mobile-first approach, and I don't like Flatpak getting integrated to every part of the DE. KDE is not for me. Looking forward to Cosmic DE

Comment

I like GNOME, it's just nowadays it adopting this mobile-first approach, and I don't like Flatpak getting integrated to every part of the DE. KDE is not for me. Looking forward to Cosmic DE
                    I like flatpak and hope it is ending this stupid DE wars. I could not care less about DEs. So we need interfaces for that and flatpak with portals provide them. I hope they are will make more interfaces but it will take time.

Comment

Why do you think COSMIC will be any different wrt flatpak? due to rust and how it manages versioned dependencies I wouldn't even be surprised if more things are flatpaked.

But on your former post about having flatpak forced down your throat:
                      1. No one is even requiring you to use Key Rack. It is not a gnome core app. It doesn't even have a roadmap to become one (yet?).
                      2. Even if you had to use the app, you can just use the system page and not the flatpak page (or maybe even contribute to make that page only visible to flatpak users).

I was going to add a third point there may be technical differences with how the keys are accessed for system apps vs flatpak/portalled apps, but that would not always require a different UI, so putting it here separately.

Comment

Working...
                      X