System76's COSMIC Working On Drag & Drop, More Compositor Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
    This sophisticules​ guy really has mental issue or what. Every S76 news, he's shitting on their business model. What's his problem ?
    Show me where I "shit" on their business model in this thread.

I said that I hope for their sake COSMIC is released in perfect operating condition and I said that i hope releasing it as GPL'd code won't hurt their business, but that I believed it would.

I was asked for reasons why I believed this and I stated them.

I think their business model is no business model at all, I think it's based on pie in the sky reasoning that will exposed as flawed once COSMIC is released.

If I am wrong, then so be it.

But i don't think I am.

Comment

Originally posted by pharmasolin View Post
      Was pop_os not available for download for free? People could buy a hardware and install their tweaked Ubuntu for years.
      ​
      Exactly.

How many potential customers do you think they have lost because they allowed the public to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

He just likes to troll people here. Not sure why everyone keeps feeding him.
        So having an opinion different than yours is "trolling"?
        Last edited by sophisticles; 21 April 2024, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
          He's just a troll. He pretends to be super anti-FOSS and pro proprietary models. He claims Microsoft Windows is the best thing ever made, and nobody should ever make free software. People keep replying to him, so he keeps posting. His arguments don't make any sense because he doesn't actually believe them, he's literally just making shit up on the spot.
          So you think i actually like GPL'd software, don't like MS and proprietary software and just say i do because I like getting people riled up?

That's great, LOL.

Comment

watch out for his illegal activity he spread links to hacked servers who then attack the phoronix.com forum users if they click in the link.
            Yes, these hacked servers "attack" Phoronix members that use Fedora+KDE, despite the fact that users of Fedora claim that it is immune from attack.

It can't possibly have anything to do with the fact that KDE is basically Swiss cheese, where the project manager has admitted that third party themes are allowed to run arbitrary code by design, and that there is no way to fix this, because apparently they never considered just removing the ability to use third party themes.

Comment

Originally posted by Julien Bear View Post
              System76 wants to make money with hardware.
              And I want to marry a supermodel and be elected POTUS, it doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Without unique software that you can't get anywhere else you can not sell the hardware.

You need to give people a reason to buy your hardware than buy from someone else, offering your OS for free does not do this.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

Yes, these hacked servers "attack" Phoronix members that use Fedora+KDE, despite the fact that users of Fedora claim that it is immune from attack.

It can't possibly have anything to do with the fact that KDE is basically Swiss cheese, where the project manager has admitted that third party themes are allowed to run arbitrary code by design, and that there is no way to fix this, because apparently they never considered just removing the ability to use third party themes.
                So you're admitting to spreading malware on purpose? Like I said, just a troll lmao.

Comment

So you're admitting to spreading malware on purpose? Like I said, just a troll lmao.
                  your conclusion is wrong just because he admit the crime this makes him not a troll.
                  a troll posts more or less funny or not so funny stuff that other people response in rage.
                  but if he admit a crime and does crime and people say he did crime then of course he is a cyber-terrorist
                  a black-hat who try to harm good people.
                  Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post

your conclusion is wrong just because he admit the crime this makes him not a troll.
                    a troll posts more or less funny or not so funny stuff that other people response in rage.
                    but if he admit a crime and does crime and people say he did crime then of course he is a cyber-terrorist
                    a black-hat who try to harm good people.
                    No I meant that anybody with enough brainpower to google-fu and set up a link to malware and attack people on a forum isn't then going to turn around and say "oh yeah, I did that. It was me". Unless they're actually really dumb and just got lucky with the malware thing. So either he's trolling and taking credit for something like that just to stir people up, or he actually did it and he's just stupid enough to claim credit.

Comment

No I meant that anybody with enough brainpower to google-fu and set up a link to malware and attack people on a forum isn't then going to turn around and say "oh yeah, I did that. It was me". Unless they're actually really dumb and just got lucky with the malware thing. So either he's trolling and taking credit for something like that just to stir people up, or he actually did it and he's just stupid enough to claim credit.
                      he is just 100% sure that he can hide behind anonymity i am pretty sure he use TOR browser or multiple VPN to browse this website and use this forum.

so more or less he believe that he can claim credit and still get away with it.
                      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
                      X