Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon Linux Gaming Performance At Parity Between KDE Plasma 6.0 X11 vs. Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mSparks View Post
    Contains off topic
    Its over.

Comment

• Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

Its over.
      agreed, wayland is dead, shame, but these things happen often, had a good run being the last of 7 or 8 x.org alternatives to fall.

Time to start thinking about what to do instead, this stuff seems very promising:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=8yejq5EZi4lzQUMe&v=Ck0P8HfR_OE&feature=yo utu.be

Wow, seems even Microsoft Xbox is switching to that
      We’re opening up the operating system that powers our Meta Quest devices to third-party hardware makers and making it easier for developers to build mixed reality apps that reach a wide audience.
      Last edited by mSparks; 29 April 2024, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Post of off topic garbage .
        I will be more clear. I am done with you mSparks. The topic was clearly X11/Wayland and you could not debate to that limitation. So I am over dealing with you. I warned you one more off topic attempt that this would be the end.

Comment

I will be more clear. I am done with you mSparks. The topic was clearly X11/Wayland and you could not debate to that limitation. So I am over dealing with you. I warned you one more off topic attempt that this would be the end.
          That's fine, I get that you do not have any valid arguments to justify waylands continued development now we know it doesn't have better performance or security than X11 but that you are also unwilling to accept it really is over.

TBH most people seemed to get it was over in the first few pages, the "wayland was never supposed to have better security or performance than X11" copium started very quickly once these benchmarks dropped.

Comment

Attempted bate
            I will be even more clear. Do note done with you does include any future thread you turn up. I was considering not doing that before you attempted to bate. Baseless claims attempting to take threads off topic.... I will debate with people other than you basically.

Comment

I will be even more clear. Do note done with you does include any future thread you turn up. I was considering not doing that before you attempted to bate. Baseless claims attempting to take threads off topic.... I will debate with people other than you basically.
              Just a summary of the last 31 pages so people dont have to read them all.

Comment

Attempted bate again..
                Summary take all the posts that got upvotes. Then notice how many people were calling your arguments garbage. I was the most tolerant of you garbage.

Comment

Summary take all the posts that got upvotes. Then notice how many people were calling your arguments garbage. I was the most tolerant of you garbage.
                  If you have any valid arguments to justify waylands continued development now we know it doesn't have better performance or security than X11 you should let people know, but realistically we know that you are just unwilling to accept it really is over.

Comment

Attempted bate
                    You have lost you right to state a debate with me.

Comment

You have lost you right to state a debate with me.
                      The debate is over,
                      you lost,
                      waylands continued development is DOA now we know it doesn't have better performance or security than X11
                      deal with it maybe?

Comment

Working...
                      X