No announcement yet.

KDE Introduces New Marknote App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the top of my hat I can think of 2 note taking applications. (One inactive called basket, was very featurerich, but has never been fulyl working since KF5. Also is written in widgets and would need a complete overhaul). And one is in KDE PIM. And more a sticky note kinda thingy

Comment

Originally posted by uscracks94 View Post
      How many official note taking apps KDE has? 5? 10?
      I don't understand why KDE keeps adding "new" apps instead of focusing on core issues.
      I agree with you, but would be more concerned on what the donations to KDE are spent then. Maybe on a trip of this newly KDE Developer from wherever in the world he lives to KDE Akademy (last year in Greece) where he could exchange thoughts with other KDE Developers of note taking apps.

Nothing inherently wrong with trips but I would not like my donation to go for developing YetAnotherNoteTakingApp. I'm just curious how it's managed.

Comment

If there was an Android port along with synchronization support (either some cloud-backed or through own self-hosted npm server), otherwise it is doomed to the niche.
        Nowadays people prefer to use Google Keep or OneNote.

Comment

Like the previous poster said, why would I use this when Google Keep allows me to sync all my notes and access them anywhere? The effort is better spent elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by NSLW View Post
            I'm just curious how it's managed.
            KDE e.V. posts annual reports on activities of the KDE community, including a section on the budget

Comment

Last time I installed Plasma 6 on Arch, and I had more than 5 note taking apps in the menu, and none of them was perfect. Again, people creating note taking app is totally okay, I myself created one too several years ago, but KDE itself sharing this app as official, writing a blog post about it, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by spicfoo View Post

Open source projects don't have a top down approach. People work on whatever they find interesting and fun. You can't force volunteers to work on whatever you consider "core issues". Get over it.
                I agree that they don't have to fix everything and need freedom to choose what they like to work on, but you'd rather they spent time creating an app that already exists multiple times?

Comment

Originally posted by uscracks94 View Post
                  How many official note taking apps KDE has? 5? 10?
                  I don't understand why KDE keeps adding "new" apps instead of focusing on core issues.
                  Feel free to volunteer.

Comment

I’m actually confused, "Marknote" sounds like it were Markdown but it doesn’t seems to be Markdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I agree that they don't have to fix everything and need freedom to choose what they like to work on, but you'd rather they spent time creating an app that already exists multiple times?
                      They should completely feel free to spend their time working on whatever they want to work on because they are volunteers. The only thing a project can do is tell them no, your work is not what we want. That wouldn't encourage them to suddenly work on something else more critical because everyone needs a place to start and hone their skills. It's better to bring them into the fold and mentor them over time. It's also not a zero sum game. The community element is critical for open source projects to nurture. Do I have a need for this app? Absolutely not but complaining about is missing the bigger picture on how open source projects work.

Comment

Working...
                      X