Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krita Looking More At GPU Acceleration & AI In 2024

Phoronix: Krita Looking More At GPU Acceleration & AI In 2024

The Krita open-source graphics editor and digital art program is looking at possibly adding some AI features to its arsenal as well as possible GPU acceleration and other new features in 2024...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Would the assistive ML make use of the local ML acceleration in for example zen4, and if not what use is the hardware otherwise?

Comment

poor Krita devs have to spend most of their time porting to new things

Comment

Brush performance seems fine on desktop but poor on Android. But maybe it's something different what is slowing down Krita on this mobile platform.

Comment

Responsible use of such technologies is best lead by FOSS, looking forward to what they will end up with!

Comment

Embrace the AI, software is just a tool, they should just provide necessary tools, and whatever users are making is not something they should concern about.

Comment

The "assistive AI" is definitely a plus. I can see a lot of occasions where it could really accelerate a repetitive job.

Comment

> Note: we won't be implementing anything that uses models trained on scraped images

Loving this responsible way of thinking. What data is it trained on?

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                  The "assistive AI" is definitely a plus. I can see a lot of occasions where it could really accelerate a repetitive job.
                  Definitely. I'd get a lot of use out of an AI that could do things like removing or replacing foreground and background elements, act as a smarter fuzzy select, to do what enhance button on CSI does with lower quality images, aligning and stacking multiple shots, etc. I'm thinking about this from a digital photography perspective, not as an artist.

Comment

Originally posted by hf_139 View Post
                    poor Krita devs have to spend most of their time porting to new things
                    Open source libraries in a nutshell.

Comment

Working...
                    X