Ubuntu 24.04 LTS To Support Installs With NVMe-Over-TCP Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 24.04 LTS To Support Installs With NVMe-Over-TCP Drives

Phoronix: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS To Support Ubuntu Install With NVMe-Over-TCP Drives

The Ubuntu 24.04 LTS release next month will roll out initial support in its server installer for being able to handle root file-system setups on NVMe-over-TCP scenarios for remote drives...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

... but couldn't bother to include Plasma 6...

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Why? So that users of Kubuntu 24.04 will be stuck on the first release of Plasma 6.0 with all its bugs for at least 2 years? Nah. It's the most logical choice to stay on Plasma 5.27 for an LTS release.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post

Why? So that users of Kubuntu 24.04 will be stuck on the first release of Plasma 6.0 with all its bugs for at least 2 years? Nah. It's the most logical choice to stay on Plasma 5.27 for an LTS release.
        *nod* If 24.04 LTS had included Plasma 6.0, I'd have waited and jumped from Kubuntu 22.04 LTS to Kubuntu 26.04 LTS (or Debian Stable if 26.04 LTS decides to drop support for X11 sessions and David Edmundson's crash-recovery patches haven't been accepted widely enough yet).

Comment

What is nvme over TCP?

Comment

cool feature for those who need it.

tbh i'd rather prefer if the installer would allow to easily set up btrfs subvolumens (or even zfs) and generally allow for an easy setting up the drive. like opensuse's installer, basically.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post

[...] It's the most logical choice to stay on Plasma 5.27 for an LTS release.
              > Now, I read that Kubuntu will be proposed with Plasma 5.27 and I understand the reason.
              MorrisS.

ssokolow

Kubuntu LTS comes preinstalled in some computers, and has paid support available, so it is expected also in the future.

Comment

KDE Neon babe.

Off-topic:
                I planted a lavender plant ~3 meters away from the dog's enclosure (that's surrounded by hurricane fence) and... I heard lavender is toxic for dogs because of smell, does anyone know if it's safe in this case?

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                  KDE Neon babe.
                  Real men use Arch
                  I was just making fun of how they dedicate effort to some fringe use cases and ignore something used by maybe half their users...
                  Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                  Off-topic:
                  I planted a lavender plant ~3 meters away from the dog's enclosure (that's surrounded by hurricane fence) and... I heard lavender is toxic for dogs because of smell, does anyone know if it's safe in this case?
                  Idk about dogs, but my cats are fine with it. The lavender itself is not ok with anything else though, it seems to be dying ever since I planted it

Comment

Real men use Arch
                    I was just making fun of how they dedicate effort to some fringe use cases and ignore something used by maybe half their users...

Idk about dogs, but my cats are fine with it. The lavender itself is not ok with anything else though, it seems to be dying ever since I planted it
                    I heard lavender needs somewhat sandy soil and with little rocks, so if you have clay soil add a lot of sand (together with the pebble that contains important minerals) 2 feet down and don't add any amendments. Water well/deep only the first time and don't (over)water ever since - they say since it's Mediterranean it hates staying in wet soil for too long. I did follow these directions but I just planted so don't know if it works.

Comment

Working...
                    X