GNOME Developers Continue Tweaking The Shell, Tuning For Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mxan View Post

I don’t know what this incoherent rant really means, but the code of conduct is basically unenforced. If it actually was enforced, clowns like Emanuele Bassi and Benjamin Otte wouldn’t be allowed to be nearly as nasty and rude as they are.
    That is rich from somebody as aggressive and toxic as you complaining that they don't talk super softly to you. You would be banned by the CoC also if you talk there like you do here.

And if you don't understand English sentence why do you respond to me in English?

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post

That is rich from somebody as aggressive and toxic as you complaining that they don't talk super softly to you. You would be banned by the CoC also if you talk there like you do here.

And if you don't understand English sentence why do you respond to me in English?
      He is a guy here on the phoronix forum, not running a FOSS project in an organization with a CoC, speaking in their name on their issue tracker.
      I am sure you can see the difference?
      Maybe the friend you are talking too is much more professional in his job? That would at least be a reasonable assumption.
      And now consider that the gnomies we are talking about here are employed and this is their professional behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by hf_139 View Post

He is a guy here on the phoronix forum, not running a FOSS project in an organization with a CoC, speaking in their name on their issue tracker.
        I am sure you can see the difference?
        Yes he should be thankful as long as he is no paying customer. If I feed some homeless people with my food I have no higher responsible to be nice to them the other way around it's in their interest to be nice if at all.

Or as we say in German, you don't look a gifted horse into the mouth.

If he is paid by IBM or something and has their name it differs. Probably that is also partially a cultural thing, but funny enough in all ways for us Germans you are "fake" nice aka "the customer is king" here not even the paying customer is king, but apparently for Asians even you Americans are to direct even if you sugarcode everything nonstop. Or I should maybe say more specifically japanese, apparently Chinese people say into your eyes if they think you are fat and stuff.

You are not their masters especially if you pay nothing, you should be greatfull to get human service something you don't get from youtube or twitter if they falsely bann you because they did not understand your ironic tweet.

Comment

Yes he should be thankful as long as he is no paying customer. If I feed some homeless people with my food I have no higher responsible to be nice to them the other way around it's in their interest to be nice if at all.

Or as we say in German, you don't look a gifted horse into the mouth.

If he is paid by IBM or something and has their name it differs. Probably that is also partially a cultural thing, but funny enough in all ways for us Germans you are "fake" nice aka "the customer is king" here not even the paying customer is king, but apparently for Asians even you Americans are to direct even if you sugarcode everything nonstop. Or I should maybe say more specifically japanese, apparently Chinese people say into your eyes if they think you are fat and stuff.

You are not their masters especially if you pay nothing, you should be greatfull to get human service something you don't get from youtube or twitter if they falsely bann you because they did not understand your ironic tweet.
          Nobody cares about Germany, which is in a recession right now, is named "the sick man of Europe" and SAP being their one and only relevant successful software company (and who thinks that SAP is good softwar, should raise his hand).

If your mindset is to throw all your standards away and just eat it up what you get presented, then i am not surprised about the state of your country.

Comment

Originally posted by hf_139 View Post

Nobody cares about Germany, which is in a recession right now, is named "the sick man of Europe" and SAP being their one and only relevant successful software company (and who thinks that SAP is good softwar, should raise his hand).

If your mindset is to throw all your standards away and just eat it up what you get presented, then i am not surprised about the state of your country.
            Well A I don't understand how the current economic state because of the currently bad government and the war efforts that are false has to do with culture? Also there is other industries that IT, like cars, even Musk builds Teslas in Germany not to mention all the german car manufactors, yes is that currently all at risk because of a woke idiotic government sure, but that makes my point even stronger that this woke BS is bad.

Comment

Well A I don't understand how the current economic state because of the currently bad government and the war efforts that are false has to do with culture? Also there is other industries that IT, like cars, even Musk builds Teslas in Germany not to mention all the german car manufactors, yes is that currently all at risk because of a woke idiotic government sure, but that makes my point even stronger that this woke BS is bad.
              Obviously Germany should not be an example for anyone when it's about Software Development.

btw. my company does pay for RHEL, and since all the GNOME devs that harm the project are RedHat employes, i am paying for them. Therefor i am now allowed to criticise them as much as i like .... at least according to your logic.
              So that shouldn't be the subject here anyway.... lets talk about how it took them 18 years to implement thumbnails in the file-picker, despite merge requests existing for all that time, and how their own implementation was much worse and needs pre-generated thumbnails in Nautilus — which again means that gtk software outside of GNOME gets a worse experience, and that we should avoid gtk software based on this alone.

Comment

Working...
              X