Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servo Browser Engine Receives Funding To Work On HTML <table> Support

Phoronix: Servo Browser Engine Receives Funding To Work On HTML

to be more accurate, the legacy layout engine supports tables, but the new layout engine doesn't. if you boot with --legacy-layout tables will... somewhat render. it doesn't do proper spacing, but it is a table

Comment

I hope Firefox receives funding and Servo is finally feature complete to be merged into same codebase or use it in a mainstream way at least.

Comment

And I present to y'all, a table.

(~˘▾˘)~┬──┬

I hope this helps with their error testing.

Comment

This forum thread doesn't appear as a link in the news article. Please fix it,Michael

Comment

I think you just broke the Phoronix bot...

Comment

Servo still exists as an active project? Or are a few people into necro-coding (resurrecting old code just to write more code for them)?

Comment

It's cool, but when are we going to see WebRender start using Vulkan?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                  I hope Firefox receives funding and Servo is finally feature complete to be merged into same codebase or use it in a mainstream way at least.
                  Mozilla gets tons of funding but barely funds Firefox. Mozilla is a borderline scam company these days.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post
                    Servo still exists as an active project? Or are a few people into necro-coding (resurrecting old code just to write more code for them)?
                    see below

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                    It's cool, but when are we going to see WebRender start using Vulkan?
                    there was some talk in the past about migrating it to wgpu, which would be quite similar to how chrome does it, albiet much better potential performance. though that was just discussion, and no action.

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                    it would be nice if mozilla decided to at least sneeze on firefox, but doubt they will, also Servo isn't developed by mozilla anymore, majorly developed by igalia.​​

Comment

Working...
                    X