Ardour 8.0 Digital Audio Workstation Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

If you open up a diner and give away burgers for free, you will have a lot of takers. If you sell them for $5 a pop, you will still get a lot of takers. But as the price goes up you start finding out at what point consumers start considering your product as not worth the money and start looking for alternatives.

It's all well and good that some guy on YouTube is using Ardour to produce music that he gives away for free.

The question is when money is on the line, like when a big name artists like Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Eminem, someone of that fame, where each album is expected to generate hundreds of millions of dollars, what software do they use.

Money is the real litmus test, when your income is on the line and you need to sell your product to make money, which software do you reach for?
    Cut throat industries that make decisions for you and tell you what to do. Hobbies absolutely thrive outside of that stuff. Ever heard of the 27 club? Yeah it's really that bad. My in-law is actually a decently paid professional, at least at making a living at it, he loves music but despises the business.

Some people are just not cut out for the business, especially that kind of business, from what I understand it's pretty rotten.

Some people don't like playing music in front of crowds, I definitely don't. I did that for eight years growing up, I could not stand it. Some people love it.

And if you think bad stuff only happens at 27 with these very talented people think again, my favorite female singer of all time died at age 46.
    Last edited by creative; 30 October 2023, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X