Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 6 Now Enables Tap-To-Click By Default

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 6 Now Enables Tap-To-Click By Default

Last week KDE Plasma 6 made the default change from single click to double click for opening files/folders while this week brings another notable default settings change for the desktop... Tap-to-click is finally enabled by default...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very good decision!
    But they should also add icons on desktop by default, at least for home and trash.

Comment

Back then it made sense because the whole surface wasn’t click-able. Nowadays it pretty much is.

This feels like opposite-land.

It always misfires for me and clicks all over the place for no apparent reason. Thank goodness I can still disable it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishayu View Post
        Back then it made sense because the whole surface wasn’t click-able. Nowadays it pretty much is.

This feels like opposite-land.

It always misfires for me and clicks all over the place for no apparent reason. Thank goodness I can still disable it.
        You just have a very shitty trackpad.

Comment

I personally don’t care for tap to click and turn it off, but I am using a magic trackpad 2 and I can adjust the click pressure with it. It is best to set the defaults to what everyone else defaults to as that will have the easiest transition for users new to linux kde.

Comment

Originally posted by holunder View Post

You just have a very shitty trackpad.
            Yes. Razer Blades and MacBooks have the worst trackpads in the world.

How about I just hate that feature? I rest my finger on the trackpad and maybe want to move slightly, and it clicks. How about I just don’t want that?

macOS disables this option by default because it’s dumb. The whole trackpad allows you to click anyway. It’s a feature _for_ shitty trackpads, not a feature for good ones.

Then again most Windows laptops do have shitty trackpads, so it does make sense to enable it by default I guess…
            Last edited by Ishayu; 26 August 2023, 10:13 AM.

Comment

- Support for showing 3MF file format thumbnails of their 3D model contents
              This is huge! It will make my life so much easier. Now I just wish it could preview other 3D formats too, but most don't have embedded thumbnails, and I think there are good arguments against having STEP file parsers + tessellation code and gcode interpreters in your file manager.

... Though gcode can have embedded thumbnails, at least PrusaSlicer produces those.

Comment

audio jacks management depends on Plasma or alsa?

Comment

Only savages and dirt pheasants have tap-to-click disabled. Everything that can be tap-to-click had it enabled by default. Why would a laptop be different by default?

Then there are those that use the index finger to move the pointer and the thumb to click the button. Those are only above the degenerates that have their dirty fingers on the nipple (trackpoint) all the time. Those are the worst.
                  Last edited by M@GOid; 26 August 2023, 02:49 PM.

Comment

- The System Settings Printers page has been rewritten in QML.
                    QML will become the Achilles heel of KDE and one day be the reason for its demise.

Comment

Working...
                    X