COSMIC Desktop Implements Fractional Scaling, Wallpaper Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    Wth, you can implement fractional scaling at the drop of a hat? No drama, no "but it's not my business", no "we need to get a million parties to agree", no nothing? I feel cheated.

Edit: Ha, there's an AUR for Cosmic. Guess what I'll be doing one of these days?
    While the aur can be convenient in a pinch, honestly I have wanted less packages from it. I like building stuff from source outside of the AUR, that's most likely the the Slacker coming out in me though. Once a Slacker always a Slacker.

Lately the most recent thing I did outside of it was VKBasalt.

Comment

Looks like they are doing a Gnome (without all the closed-mindedness and developer-orientation of Gnome) mixed with Budgie. That left panel really looks like something I can easily configure on Budgie indeed.
      It's going to be a Gnome killer in any case. More flexibility to adapt to users' workflows, more use cases covered by default, more-featured (but not too featured, so good compromise), pulled from users (instead of pushed by developers), more open minded.
      Really looking forward to this. Hopefully, that's one more thing we can get rid of from Red Hat and the fake sense of community they make easily influenceable people think there is.
      We need someone with enough backing to bring a different vision than the extremes of KDE or Gnome. The other ones (as interesting as some can be) lack the financial backing to follow through with a wider ecosystem.

Comment

Working...
      X