KDE Plasma 6 X11 Session "Barely Buggier" Than Plasma 5 On X11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by user1 View Post

I've used these 3 apps natively on Wayland and I haven't experienced any issues. There might be some separate issues like lack of VAAPI (which tbh sometimes breaks on x11 as well with a new browser version), but the overall stability has been great over the last year or so (unless you have Nvidia).
    How to get libreoffice compliant to wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post

Only the Flathub version of Libreoffice currently defaults to the Wayland backend and AFAIK there is no way to switch to the Wayland backend in all the other versions of Libreoffice, so you'll have to use the Flathub version.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
        I thought it was physically impossible to create anything buggier then Plasma, yet they somehow managed to make it even buggier. KDE just manages to impress again.
        No well come on .... Gnome has shown that it is possible. !!!

Comment

I haven't tried any version of KDE where Wayland was usable..
          So news there i guess.
          Neat that X11 version now is almost usable.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
            I thought it was physically impossible to create anything buggier then Plasma, yet they somehow managed to make it even buggier. KDE just manages to impress again.
            You are always welcome to contribute to code instead of talking. Code is here : https://invent.kde.org/

Comment

Originally posted by pracedru View Post
              Neat that X11 version now is almost usable.
              KDE Plasma 5 under X11 works fine, in fact I'm writing this using it. Anyone can *see it* for himself using a Kubuntu virtual machine: https://www.linuxvmimages.com/images/kubuntu-2204

Comment

Originally posted by woddy View Post

Maybe only with the early versions of Gnome 3 in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post
                  I find it interesting that for new KDE6 X is more stable then Wayland.
                  It's kind of expected tbh. They are transitioning from Qt5 to Qt6. For obvious reasons, the X11-related code in Qt didn't change much, but they added/improved a lot of Wayland bits.

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post

Starts in Wayland mode over here.
                  But I'm using the Qt5/KF5 UI of it, it might be different, if you're using the GTK one.

Comment

Originally posted by woddy View Post

To me GNOME is buggier and more unstable than the latest KDE 5 and maybe KDE 6.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
                      I've used these 3 apps natively on Wayland and I haven't experienced any issues. There might be some separate issues like lack of VAAPI (which tbh sometimes breaks on x11 as well with a new browser version), but the overall stability has been great over the last year or so (unless you have Nvidia).
                      I just tried Chromium Wayland yesterday for the first time and it nicely segfaulted after clicking some UI areas. *shrug*

Comment

Working...
                      X