Chrome 115 Beta Brings Borderless Mode Developer Trial For Web Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 115 Beta Brings Borderless Mode Developer Trial For Web Apps

Phoronix: Chrome 115 Beta Brings Borderless Mode Developer Trial For Web Apps

Following yesterday's release of Chrome 114, Google today promoted the Chrome 115 series to beta...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Google is really nailing the security lately

Comment

Google making their new security/spoofing vulnerability "opt-in". That's cute.

How's the jpeg-xl rendering?
      Last edited by andyprough; 01 June 2023, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Strange, I would have found less kind words for this. My article would have been something like this:

Google does undercut security in allowing spoofing attacks to become undetectable.

In another try to relive the glory of netscape and microsoft, google does adds another incompatible extension to it's webbrowser which ...

Comment

GNOME devs probably somewhere: we need TSD! It's absolutely needed for usability! It is the only way!!oneone
          (Tab Side Decorations)

Comment

Any news about WebGpu for Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
              GNOME devs probably somewhere: we need TSD! It's absolutely needed for usability! It is the only way!!oneone
              (Tab Side Decorations)
              You mean like on Haiku or i3 (or ye olde KWin)? That would actually be really neat! If GNOME got TSD and better font rendering, I might consider switching back from KDE Plasma.

Comment

Oh my goodness. This is such a disaster in the making that it's stunning anyone other than a black hat hacker would consider it. I mean really, wow. How could any developer or company be so completely ignorant?

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
                  Oh my goodness. This is such a disaster in the making that it's stunning anyone other than a black hat hacker would consider it. I mean really, wow. How could any developer or company be so completely ignorant?
                  The answer to this is... easily. Most companies seem to keep their devs working in a vacuum and then at the same time expect them to understand an create solutions for clients and users they are not allowed to interface with.

Typically this is how you end up with half baked solutions that devs are guessing at and would never use themselves. Its a really bizarre way to do things in tech!

Comment

Working...
                  X